Sr Marketing Manager - Toronto, ONApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0033163 Date posted 02/18/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada
The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic development and, in partnership with sales teams and other internal stakeholders, implementation of marketing plans for the Immunology and Biotherapeutics product portfolio, as defined by Franchise Head. Partners with internal stakeholders (sales, market access, patient services, supply chain, etc.) to ensure excellence in patient experience. Establishes and monitors promotional budgets to ensure profitability objectives are met. Manages brand budgets, develops marketing plans, supports brand sales training, provides input for the sales brand forecast, and develops short/long term brand objectives for the Immunology and Biotherapeutics product portfolio. Performs these responsibilities within the framework of corporate policies, procedures and objectives and within applicable Canadian laws and regulations.
Job Function and Description
- 40% Develop and implement approved marketing plans to meet corporate sales and profitability objectives.
- 30% Work with internal/external stakeholders to develop effective sales materials, strategies and plans of action. Monitor actual sales versus forecasts and recommend plan of action. Contribute and support the development and implementation of key account plans created by the field force.
- 20% Partner with internal stakeholders (sales, market access, patient services, supply chain, regulatory, etc.) to develop and implement strategies to enhance and simplify the patient experience from prescription to administration and maintenance.
- 10% Attend and participate in sales meetings, consultancy meetings, taskforce meetings, cross-functional meetings, Internal meetings, etc
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor In Health Science related discipline and/or Business Administration; M Sc in Health Sciences, or MBA an asset
- Minimum of 8 years of pharmaceutical experience, including 3 years in Product Management
- Experience in rare disease or specialty product management is an asset
- Pharmaceutical specialty sales experience is required. Rare disease sales experience is an asset
- Understanding of the Canadian public reimbursement environment is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Bilinguism (English/French) is an asset
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Strong strategic thinking
- Ability to generate new solutions & develop creative marketing approaches
- Solid awareness of business issues, processes & outcomes as they impact company’s strategic direction
- Ability to influence others to a desired mutually beneficial outcome
- Ability to identify key issues and take actions rapidly when developing solutions, plans and objectives
- Solid analytical and organizational skills, determine priorities and follow through on projects and assignments and complete them in a timely manner
- Customer and patient focused
- Solid teamwork and collaboration abilities
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Strategic plan: lead developer, done in a cross-functional way. Follow provided guidelines and with approval of Franchise Head
- Tactical plan & tactics: Ownership and deliverable
- Budget: Responsible for assigned budget
Other Job Requirements
- This position requires some travelling (15 – 25%).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.