Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0043718 Date posted 11/08/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supports the Finance Projects lead on the ERP implementation project.
- Supports procurement system implementation by ensuring data accuracy and completeness. Provides user training and troubleshooting support post implementation.
- Supports other integration activities.
- Helps implement the Takeda Finance Strategy in Canada and drive initiatives to find efficiencies and opportunities to add value to the Takeda Canada organization.
- Supports the FP&A processes ie financial analysis/internal reporting and planning cycles.
- Helps streamline finance processes ie reporting/revenue and OPEX tracking etc.
- Designs financial reporting packages providing insight of key variance drivers and resulting implications to business units.
- Educates functional management and project owners on the use of reporting tools and finance concepts.
- Develops financial models and conducts analytical reviews to support Takeda Canada’s tactical and strategic decision making.
- Prepares presentations for project updates/leadership meetings and various committees of the company.
- Manages, administers and maintains financial systems, structures and reports while ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures accuracy of information and output delivered.
Occupational Knowledge and Skills
- Strong project management and financial analysis/planning experience
- Business acumen and curious nature
- Analytical thinking – ability to formulate and understand business issues, situations and problems, interpret data and draw conclusions, provide focused guideline
- Customer service - have strong customer focus, creates value for BU’s/ support functions
- Initiative and responsibility - willingness to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and anticipate changes
- Innovative- drive continuous improvement by challenging status quo
- Strong experience and knowledge in financial systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English)
- Pharmaceutical industry knowledge preferred
- Previous finance business partnering experience
- Knowledge of project management tools
- SAP, TM1, HFM knowledge
- Ariba and Concur
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Financial analysis and modeling
EDUCATION, LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE:
- University degree, preferably in Business, preferably a combination of accounting designation and MBA
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis/planning and project management
- Pharmaceutical industry experience would be preferred
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.