Sales Lead Neuroscience - Toronto, ONApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0036104 Date posted 05/24/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada
The National Sales Leader is responsible for leading, motivating and developing the sales management team, in order to achieve pre-set regional sales targets and associated goals. In this function, this dynamic leader collaborates with cross functional brand teams to understand the strategic direction to drive implementation of the tactical plan, ensuringthat performance metrics are monitored and delivered. This role will be a member of the Neuroscience Canada core leadership team, representing the interests of the field. Frequentfield visits to observe/coach field sales representatives as well as the day to day coaching of Sales Managers are critical for success. Additionally, this role requires regular head office presence to ensure that cross functional collaboration is optimized.
Time Allocation Expectation:
30% Field based travel to coach and observe (target 25 days) + National Meetings and Regional based Meetings
70% Home office based work intermixed with Head office time spent on cross functional leadership team work (30%)
Describe the essential daily job functions and include % of time spent on each.
% of TimeJob Function and Description
50% Leadership – coaching mentoring sales managers
40% Cross functional participation on teams driving performance (Marketing etc)
10% Administrative Requirements (Expenses, HR, and other policy driven reporting)
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences or Business (advanced degree Masters is helpful)
- Minimum 5 years in Sales Management ( or 3 years in a specialty sales management role)
- Minimum 3 years in Marketing
- Minimum 3 years in leadership related position sitting on cross functional team driving brand goals at the field level
- Knowledge of market data such as IMS, Brogan and other market research used in the industry.
- Proficiency with MS Office, specifically excel and powerpoint.
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis within your region and to head office (downtown Toronto office location)
- Knowledge of psychiatry and paediatrics therapeutic areas is an asset.
- Previous use of Sales Force Automation tools an asset.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Action oriented and centered on results.
- Strong business and strategic thinking accumen.
- Expert understanding of the market access environment in Canada (PMPRB, CDR, INESSS, RAMQ, OHIP etc)
- Bilingualism is preferred
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Tactical plan: ownership
- Budget: responsible for assigned budget for all field based activity
- Strategic plan: participation and representation on all strategic planning activites for all brands in the Business Unit
- Performance Management – Responible to lead the coaching/mentoring and performance management process for all direct reports
- Cross Functional Team collaboration: Sales representation on cross functional teams to ensure streamlining of practice, optimization of resources, and execution of tactics according to various deliverables at the field management and field sales level.
Internal and External Contacts
Internal: Sales Representatives, Marketing, Training, Regulatory Affairs, Corprate Communications, Legal, Finance, Business Insights Manager, Professional Education, VD&A, Administrative Assistant, and Medical etc.
External: Healthcare professionals (pediatricians, psychiatrists, etc), Professional organizations (e.g. AMPQ), Hospitals (e.g. Ste-Justine)
Franchise Head, Neuroscience Business Unit.
Other Job Requirements
- This position requires some travelling (30 to 40% depending on where located).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.