Regional Manager, Patient ServicesApply Now Email Me Job ID R0016451 Date posted 01/30/2020 Location: Toronto, Canada
With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
Responsible for the development and implementation of regional action plans derived from the national Patient Support Program (PSP) strategy as well as the customer management and operational oversight of Takeda’s patient support programs at Takeda within assigned region in Canada.
Develops effective working relationships with commercial, medical, market access colleagues, external partners and customers (physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and service providers) to understand the business requirements for delivery of optimal patient services for specialized therapeutic areas within assigned geographic area.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Supports implementation of national PSP strategy at regional level; continuously assesses the regional PSP needs and provides insight to deliver continuous program performance evaluation and optimization of customer and patient experience. Supports ongoing company efforts to assess the needs of patient and HCP within the region as they relate to the provision of PSP services.
- Contributes to the development and implements strategic customer plans for key customers in assigned region in order to optimize the uptake, utilization and effectiveness of the PSP. Supports territory alignment of key customers.
- Acts as the main point of contact in a problem-solving capacity for key customers in order to ensure optimal customer and patient experience.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative working relationships within the territory with cross functional partners to ensure delivery of PSP services.
- Interacts in a collaborative and supportive manner with the program execution partner and supports manager in service provider/program management.
- Leads the development and implementation of training for service provider’s program staff, customers, clinic and key stakeholders, on Takeda’s PSP products and services provided territory alignment etc.
- Contributes to the gathering, analysis and communication of regional program KPIs, customer satisfaction and other vendor performance metrics.
- Provides on-going communication of changes and updates to PSP to external and internal regional stakeholders.
- Monitors and maintains a high level of field intelligence to assess, interpret and incorporate the needs and requests of various stakeholders to accommodate the changing market dynamics and reimbursement criteria on a national basis. Monitors and provides insights on competitive field activities in the area of PSP; this includes working with the service provider on reimbursement navigation for patients in the assigned region and leveraging Takeda market access expertise as needed.
- Supports program within assigned territory and conducts on site visits to ensure that quality control is in place according to the Takeda SOPs.
- Implements new initiatives within the assigned territory such as changes to program forms, data management requirements, training etc.
Occupational Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and experience in the pharmaceutical environment in Canada with proven medical skills (i.e. Nursing); previous patient support program environment experience an asset
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical reimbursement, dispensing and infusion policies and practices in both the private and public sectors.
EDUCATION, LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years patient support services experience in a pharmaceutical services environment or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant medical background preferred (i.e. Nursing)
- Previous relevant experience and understanding of specialty and or rare disease area an asset
- Demonstrated customer and service provider management skills
- Demonstrated training, development and implementation skills.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to work within a self-directed environment and collaboratively with both internal and external partners.
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset
- Willingness to travel to regular meetings or client sites, including overnight trips within the assigned region as well as to head office for business meetings, as required.