Product Manager, IBD (Entyvio)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0008915 Date posted 06/07/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada; Oakville, Canada
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an IBD Product Manager in our Downtown Toronto office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
The Product Manager, IBD, with a focus on ENTYVIO (Vedolizumab) will play an integral role in the evolution of Takeda Canada within the Inflammatory Bowel Disease marketplace, including taking responsibility for supporting the strategies of our Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease indications. This individual will also play a role in developing and coordinating plans for our capability in combating competitive threats and building our IBD corporate leadership into one that offers unique value to patients and customers. This position reports in to the Senior Product Manager, ENTYVIO.
In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by serving as a cross-functional liaison. A typical day will include:
POSITION OBJECTiVES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Facilitates, with the support of the Senior Product Manager, inter-disciplinary teams in brand planning to provide accurate and clear market and brand history, current environment and future potential
- Assist the Director and Sr. Product Manager with the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of brand tactics, including conference and booth planning, industry meetings, conference sponsorship and other product management functions
- Design and execute promotional activities – details aids, communication pieces etc. in line with PAAB code and implements to Field Sales force
- Partner with the sales force and sales management to develop brand strategies and implement approved marketing plans to meet corporate sales and profitability objectives.Provides input to senior sales management and training groups in the development of training material and programs
- Partners with key internal departments (Sales, Marketing, Market Access Medical, PSP, HR, IT, Regulatory, Supply Chain, Takeda International) to ensure cross-functional input and support
- Ensure compliance of strategy/initiatives with external and internal regulations (e.g. Data privacy, compliance)
- Maintains strong external team relationships (Agency, Specialists and their associations, Advisory groups, PAAB, ASC) by fostering communication and liaison between all pertinent external customers
- Identifies actions to strengthen product positioning in partnership with our cross functional members (e.g. Market access, PSP and medical input) to maximize brand performance. Anticipates and capitalizes on stakeholders’ market trends to create a competitive advantage. Recommends and gains approval from management for alternative approaches to maximize brand opportunities
- Utilizes new market research approaches with business partners to assess business risks and opportunities. Proactively identifies brand opportunities and issues that require analysis of Business Information to create new approaches or new market opportunities
- Participates in the development of annual budgets, budget tracking, business analysis, operating plan, market sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum B.Sc., B. Comm. or equivalent; an MBA or advanced degree is an asset
- Minimum of two years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical brand marketing, Inflammatory Bowel Disease/Gastroenterology strongly preferred
- Previous brand marketing experience with biologics or sales management is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven presentation skills
- Well-developed structured problem solving and strategic agility skills
- Ability to support the development and execution of strategies and ensure smooth hand-off and pull-through for tactical materials and programs
- Experience working closely with the field sales organization with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, proactively drive opportunities to meet brand objectives, and effectively influence internal and external partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment which requires significant cross-functional and cross-brand coordination and teamwork
- Experience in the specialty bio-pharmaceutical marketplace with preference towards Gastroenterology (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- An ability to formulate clear, actionable strategies that capitalize on opportunities for the brand and portfolio
- A proven ability to develop relationships with sales force and internal departments to support commercial strategies and drive business results
- Strong project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors and agency p
- Understanding of the marketing discipline as a whole to serve as a liaison with our partners
- A demonstrated ability to work in teams and also work autonomously and demonstrated track record on delivering results
- Understanding of regulatory and legal requirements related to pharmaceutical marketing
- A documented history of adhering to timelines and budget and financial management - i.e. forecasting and financial modelling
- Computer literacy – MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint databases etc.)
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
L-Shire - Canada - Toronto