National Accounts Lead - CBS/HQ MONTREAL, OTTAW, TORONTO AREASApply Now Email Me Job ID R0015745 Date posted 02/05/2020 Location: Toronto, Canada
National Accounts Lead – CBS/HQ
This account leader’s primary responsibility is managing blood system customers in Canada -- Canadian Blood Services & Héma-Québec and their provincial and national stakeholders.
This includes developing customer driven strategies and coordinating their execution with sales, marketing, market access, medical, operations, RA, QA, global, Hematology and Immunology/HAE franchises and Canadian management team. This role applies in-depth account and blood system knowledge in developing and implementing short-term and long-term (multi-year) strategic account plans that will effectively leverage Takeda products, services, and capabilities to deliver customized solutions aligned with customer and Takeda business strategy.
The primary measures of success are customer loyalty, operational service metrics, and franchise revenue.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to building relationships with decision-makers and influencers, identifying and executing on opportunities, as well as managing contract cycles. This leader provides strategic project management oversight to critical operational and commercial projects (e.g. new product launches) impacting blood system customers.
Responsible for the development and execution of strategic account plans for CBS and HQ and their provincial and national stakeholders in conjunction with Hematology and Immunology/HAE franchises and other functions.
Execution of business strategy and achievement of financial, business, and blood system strategic goals.
Fosters internal partnerships with Takeda functions to deliver customer priorities, contract requirements, solutions, and customized value propositions.
Lead procurement processes and negotiate/manage contracts, in conjunction with market access, to balance maximizing profitability and service within Takeda guidelines while working with Commercial, Operations, Legal and other internal stakeholders.
Support development of Takeda product strategic and operating plans.
Offer strategic input, make critical decisions related to day-to-day customer support and facilitate issue escalation and resolution.
Partner with Heads of Hematology, Immunology/HAE Franchises, and Market Access and on critical operational and commercial projects within Takeda: identification of key stakeholders and establishment of operating mechanisms to ensure parties are clear on expectations and outcomes.
- Develop trusting and long-term relationships with CBS/HQ and their stakeholders including all key decision makers/influencers; executive suite personnel, program directors, and front-line staff.
- Quarterback and troubleshoot all Takeda interactions with the above and their stakeholders.
- Develop blood system expertise and understanding of customer needs and strategies to address health system requirements, specifically as it pertains to market access, contracting and procurement, and supply chain and logistics.
- Lead interactions and customer relationship for operational and strategic meetings
- Franchise revenue and profitability targets.
- Leadership and management of Strategic Plans, Projects and marketing plans/launches, including milestones, timelines, information, etc.
- Identify and prospect new business opportunities and engage internal Takeda resources as required.
- Support development of brand plans and own blood system customer inputs and deliverable
- Understand emerging trends, market opportunities, and competitive threats as the blood system changes.
- Understand Takeda products and therapies and how they provide benefit to customers, payors and blood system distributors.
- Partner with customers as they evolve.
Timely and efficient completion of administrative tasks
- Expense reports, internal and external communication,
- HCP interaction compliance, communication of competitor and market intelligence, travel, etc.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in commerce or life sciences.
- Preferred: Master’s in Business Administration
- Experience in leading a sales process in a complex, matrixed customer organization
- Proven ability to build strong customer relationships, including C-suite
- Project management
- Strong execution track record
- Experience in complex negotiations
- Account Management
- Science and Clinical
- Experience both in Commercial and Functional roles (i.e. Operations)
- 5-10 years experience in Marketing/Sales in Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare
- 2-5 years Health system experience
- 10-15 years experience in Marketing/Sales in Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare
- 2+ years of exposure to operations, Quality and/or Regulatory
- Bi-lingual English and French
- Strong business acumen
- Solution-oriented and customer service mindset
- Strategic thinker
- Analytical Capability
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills (Written, oral and verbal, presentations, including listening)