Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Manager, Business Intelligence
Business Area Overview
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
I know that I need to work in a place where I can grow and be challenged, and what motivates me the most is to make a difference. I think what we offer here at Takeda truly helps patients. And it’s important to bring others along on that journey.Rebecca Yu VP of Patient Value & Access
Believe in your own ability to do the things you want to do. If you do that, things will happen.Heena Howitt Country Medical Lead Genetic Diseases
The faster we help someone get a true diagnosis of their underlying condition, the faster we can offer a treatment that can help them get back to living their life and improve their future outlookChristian Downton Business Unit Director Rare Metabolic Diseases
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 16 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Manager, Business Intelligence
With over 50,000 people working in approximately 70 countries Takeda is truly a global partner for better health. Takeda is a global Top Employer® (2018-2020) dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission for Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine. The Takeda culture is rooted in a philosophy we call “Takeda-ism.” For more than 235 years, we have cultivated an ethical work environment filled with Integrity, Fairness, Honesty and Perseverance. We take actions and make decisions by focusing on patient-centricity and our values guide how we work and can be felt across every part of our company.
As part of Takeda Canada’s Customer Excellence Team, the Manager, Business Intelligence will be a strategic partner to their respective business unit(s). The individual will work with brand teams composed of a variety of cross-functional partners (e.g. marketing, sales, finance, medical, market access, patient services) to translate insights from various data sources and market research into recommendations for the brand strategy and tactical plans. The individual is responsible for report design, co-development and maintenance as well as thoroughly understanding and managing all data related to their brands. This role will also collaborate with Customer Experience and Operations colleagues to design and implement sales force effectiveness initiatives. The individual is expected to exhibit both a passion for collaboration and the ability to self-manage and execute their business intelligence plan. They must possess the communication and leadership skills needed to inspire data-driven decision making across the organization. Reporting to the Lead of Business Intelligence, located at head office in downtown Toronto, they will be responsible for the following:
- Influences the strategic direction of the brand by communicating data-derived insights and recommendations aligned to the needs of the business
- Builds and maintains patient flow and trend-based forecast models
- Manages the forecasting process and gains alignment on forecast assumptions and scenarios with cross-functional partners
- Work with global Takeda partners to design and refresh forecast models
- Creates and maintains dashboards and scorecards, primarily in Power BI, as well as insights presentations in PowerPoint
- Defines key performance indicators in consultation with cross-functional partners to deliver meaningful and actionable findings
- Creates Power BI dashboards both self-sufficiently and, where required, in partnership with vendors and commercial IT
- Drives business unit adoption of insights and self-serve analytics
- Support omni-channel analytics through delivery of reporting, insights and measurement
- Analyzes data to answer brand team questions and conducts self-driven exploratory analysis
- Effectively collaborates with Customer Excellence team members to deliver on salesforce effectiveness requirements including: territory design, targeting/call planning, resource allocation, incentive compensation and segmentation
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the therapeutic area
- Partner with vendors on primary and secondary market research to understand customer journeys and current brand utilization as well as to guide future strategy
Experience & Capabilities
- Degree in applied sciences, statistics, mathematics, data science or medical sciences an asset
- High level of analytical skill and problem solving ability
- Proven ability to work both self-directed in a fast-paced, complex environment as well as collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Demonstrated strategic and critical thinking
- Experience with quantitative reasoning and making evidence-based recommendations
- Experience in business intelligence and analytics, including:
- Forecasting model development, execution and communication of outputs
- Market insights synthesis, KPI creation and dashboard design
- Sales force effectiveness (territory design, segmentation, salesforce sizing, incentive compensation)
- Excellent Excel and Power BI capabilities
- Python, SQL, R, language proficiency and experience with Databricks an asset
- Strong communication and presentation skills, have the ability to communicate with impact the ‘so-what’ of complex analytics to non-technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships across departments
- Ability to understand complex therapeutic areas and clinical/scientific data an asset
- Basic project management and ability to lead productive meetings with large groups
- Proficiency with Canadian pharmaceutical data sources such as IQVIA (previously IMS) and knowledge of Canadian pharmaceutical industry an asset
- Willingness to travel to occasional company meetings, including overnight trips in Canada, US, and Europe (<10%). Note for COVID-19: subject to company travel policies, currently all non-essential international and domestic travel is suspended until the end of 2021.
Time TypeFull time
View all Europe & Canada jobsSearch
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Toronto, OntarioExpand Map