Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Learning and Development Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda.
Please note closing date for applications is Friday 25th June
The successful candidate will evaluate, conceive, plan and implement (through a combination of internally delivered and externally resourced) a learning and development strategy for the organization in line with the Company strategy and business objectives.
• To support and deliver (through team when appropriate) transformational change in the capabilities, skills, and knowledge, of all employees to enable
• Talent development at a LOC and individual level
• Value for customers and Takeda
• Positively impacting patient outcomes
• Positively impacting on organizational performance
• To manage a team of Learning and Development Managers that supports the development and delivery of the L&D strategy and associated initiatives across the Canadian LOC
• Provide strategic direction for sales learning & development across the brands/disease areas and market access to ensure consistent strategies and coordination of efforts to increase sales force effectiveness
Key Accountabilities (include but not limited to)
• To undertake an annual training needs analysis through strategic collaboration with business partners and build and deliver high quality and best in class development programmes and interventions, in order to address identified needs, deliver required organisational competencies and to enable Takeda Employees to perform to high standards and achieve their potential.
• To develop and drive a culture of Takeda as a learning organisation with a growth mindset.
• To provide strategic direction of new training initiatives and best practice in learning and development and adopt emerging and innovative technology to increase effectiveness and maximise resources, providing cost efficient and effective quality training and training methodologies to support different learning styles.
• To support identification and development of talent and related initiatives.
• To ensure the provision of robust high-quality programmes for all staff in accordance with the introduction of new products, new processes and new ways of working.
• Proactively identifies new or emerging capabilities, to provide appropriate resources, training and development initiatives / programmes to build these capabilities and competencies to ensure our employees are trained and equipped to operate effectively and compliantly in the changing environments
• Leads the learning organization to deliver best in class learning solutions that always address business needs.
• Establishes and communicates short- and long-term priorities with team members and ensures that learning solutions address critical business needs.
• Ensure team outputs are fully aligned with the overall company strategy to drive results.
• Ensure team adapts to shifting priorities, cross-functional objectives, and unpredictable environment.
• Creates an environment for team that invites ideas, solutions and inputs in to the strategic L&D plan and execution
• Coach others on identifying and understanding the most critical business needs.
• Guide others with achieving short- and long-term project goals and acquiring resources.
• Oversee progress, budget, resources, and workload to maximize outputs and effectively address training needs and opportunities.
Experience and Educational Requirements
• 5 years + successful training experience, ideally within a pharmaceutical training role encompassing head office and field
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree in adult learning or other advanced learning preferred
• Minimum 10 years of diverse cross-functional experience
• 5+ years of people leadership experience with an established track record of building a positive, high performance culture and an ability to management talent and performance in a matrix environment
• Commercial/budgetary management experience
• Project management experience
• Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams across an affiliate and with international colleagues
• Experience of developing and delivering internal skills training courses
• Depth and breadth of wide range of training areas and models and related tools
• Knowledge of learning and development capabilities eg adult learning principles
• Demonstrated experience in strategic planning that translates into operational excellence through the team and cross functional partners
- Specific qualifications and licensed in appropriate tools e.g. psychometrics, 360 or other similar tools such as Insights, MBTI etc.
- Coaching qualification
- Experienced in differing aspects of commercial functions, including sales management, marketing success and key account management
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Discover more at takedajobs.com.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com