Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Head of Business Operations
Business Area Overview
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
I know that I need to work in a place where I can grow and be challenged, and what motivates me the most is to make a difference. I think what we offer here at Takeda truly helps patients. And it’s important to bring others along on that journey.Rebecca Yu VP of Patient Value & Access
Believe in your own ability to do the things you want to do. If you do that, things will happen.Heena Howitt Country Medical Lead Genetic Diseases
The faster we help someone get a true diagnosis of their underlying condition, the faster we can offer a treatment that can help them get back to living their life and improve their future outlookChristian Downton Business Unit Director Rare Metabolic Diseases
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 16 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head of Business Operations
With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
• The purpose of this role is the management of Takeda Canada business operations to drive operational efficiencies and connectivity across all business units and functions.
• The Head of Business Operations possesses clear understanding of Takeda Canada’s key priorities and strategies to provide operational and strategic leadership as member of the
Canada Leadership Team (CLT).
• Key responsibilities include the development of executive strategic plans, projects and commitments to ensure sustainable support and partnership enabling the CLT to deliver on
goals and strategies.
• This role will act as the primary advisor and point person to the Canada GM. They will be responsible for keeping the Canada GM appraised of key initiatives, providing leadership and
project oversight to successfully deliver key strategic and operational goals.
60% – Head of Canada Business Operations
• Develops and executes analytical and tactical strategies to ensure business projects, milestones and policies are completed in a highly effective and timely manner. Example
projects may include organizational reviews and redesign, systems implementations, integration, and brand/business/financial planning and reporting optimization.
• Ensures alignment among key stakeholders through collaborative leadership and influence to deliver on Canada ambitions and strategic imperatives.
• Partners closely with Finance and franchise teams to ensure Canada budget is effectively managed.
• Partners closely with HR team on matters related to organizational design, structure, culture initiatives, and organizational communications.
• Serves as Launch Excellence lead for Takeda Canada and within the EUCAN Lx community to drive pre- and post- launch success across all launch assets.
• Serves as commercial lead on New Product Planning (NPP) team locally and within the EUCAN NPP community to develop and maintain pipeline prioritization matrix for launch
execution timing and resource allocation plans. In collaboration with the NPP team, develops detailed pre-launch medical, market access, education & advocacy, stakeholder engagement, and patient services plans for pipeline assets.
• Assess value creation potential of business development and pipeline opportunities, and help prepare business cases.
• Provides ongoing tracking and management of issues and risks related to implementation of strategic initiatives with meaningful KPIs and summary reports.
40% – Chief of Staff to Canada General Manager
• Serves as a confidential and strategic thought partner to Canada GM, providing support associated with complex challenges, current and future initiatives, strategies, and budgets.
• Serves as ambassador for the GM and CLT, facilitating communication with other members of the executive team as needed. Anticipates the needs of the leadership team, providing
appropriate support and guidance to ensure functions are operating efficiently.
• Partners closely with the CLT on activities related to on-going team meetings and CLT strategic workshops and offsite meetings.
• Builds and maintains mutually supportive relationships with all levels of leadership, employees, outside agencies and vendors, when necessary. Works to remove barriers that
hamper cross-functional communications. Coordinates and monitors ad hoc and ongoing initiatives that involve senior leaders.
• Facilitates the preparation of reports, briefings, and presentations for the GM. Ensure timely completion of tasks in support of overall project objectives and anticipate needs and risks
associated with project completion.
• In partnership with the CLT, facilitates building Takeda’s #LOVED culture where everyone Lives Our Values Every Day and abides by Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct.
Education and experience
• University degree, MBA or relevant master’s degree an asset
• 10+ years of relevant business experience required
• 5+ years experience project management, operations, and/or people leadership experience
• Demonstrated work experience in highly dynamic, fast-moving environment within a commercial organization with a complex operating model
• Significant experience in and track record of managing a diverse and rapidly changing workload, delivering large complex projects across several teams within tight timelines
• Understanding of commercial aspects of the Canadian pharmaceutical market including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, patient advocacy, regulatory environments and pricing, hospital formulary listing and PSP
• Strong influencing skills and ability to negotiate in a matrix environment to optimize solutions and address barriers.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, strong leadership and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and professional writing skills required
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely communicate with and prepare presentations with recommendations/action plan for senior leadership and executives, where required
• Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage critical issues in a dynamic environment. Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and manage a large volume of details while maintaining a big-picture perspective
• Energetic and hands-on self -starter with a desire to learn new things quickly. Proven ability to refine and improve the organization’s capabilities
• Demonstrated track record to proactively identify, assess, and analyze scenarios that may affect operations, and a proven history of taking an institutional perspective
• Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills with a leadership style that encourages open expressions of ideas, opinions, and a full discussion of differing points of view. Sound judgment and independent initiative
• Ability to use appropriate judgment in maintaining confidentiality of information
• Strong financial acumen
• Fluent in English
• Willingness to travel to various meetings, including some overnight trips in Canada, US, and Europe (<10%).
Time TypeFull time
View all Europe & Canada jobsSearch
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Toronto, OntarioExpand Map