Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Finance Business Partner
Business Area Overview
The Europe & Canada (EUCAN) Business unit supports Takeda's mission at a regional level and as the leader in rare diseases and specialty care, we champion better health and a brighter future for patients, healthcare providers and our people.
Across the EUCAN BU, patients come first in every decision we make. We develop strategic partnerships which deliver value for society and create a culture within which our people can thrive and reach their full potential.
Our mission is to empower and enable our people to fulfill their potential by embracing diversity and creating a high-performance, collaborative working environment. In the EUCAN region integrity is one of our key values. We put patients, trust and reputation before business and this is one of the main reasons why our people choose to work here.
What makes a successful team member within EUCAN at Takeda?
I know that I need to work in a place where I can grow and be challenged, and what motivates me the most is to make a difference. I think what we offer here at Takeda truly helps patients. And it’s important to bring others along on that journey.Rebecca Yu VP of Patient Value & Access
Believe in your own ability to do the things you want to do. If you do that, things will happen.Heena Howitt Country Medical Lead Genetic Diseases
The faster we help someone get a true diagnosis of their underlying condition, the faster we can offer a treatment that can help them get back to living their life and improve their future outlookChristian Downton Business Unit Director Rare Metabolic Diseases
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 16 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Finance Business Partner
Job Title: (Senior)/Finance Business Partner (“FBP”)
Reports to (Job Title):
Head of Finance and Supply
- Partners with assigned Business Units (“BU’s”) / Franchises and/or other Departments as a Trusted Advisor in assessing business opportunities and risks, in developing and executing business and financial strategy, deciding upon and securing proper resource allocation.
- Leads the calculation of gross to net provisions for assigned BUs, ensures accuracy of Takeda financials.
- Partners with PSP (Patient support program) team, to establish and maintain good compliance practices. Leads Budgeting, expense management process for PSP team.
- Supports FP&A Lead, Head of finance in aggregating the overall company strategy and financial plans, monitoring performance and course correcting actions, articulating the right storylines for Local and Regional Management
- Acts as Connector and Solution Architect for the assigned BU’s/Departments, liaising with other functional counterparts in addressing opportunities and issues in collaborative and proactive fashion.
- Works in a continuous improvement approach in seeking efficiency but also sustainable business and internal controls framework, embedding Takeda’s Values and Behaviors in a Stewardship-inspired mindset
- Partners with Global stakeholders and is part of Global projects rollouts, co-creating and adopting best practices
Business Support, Agile Thought Partnering
- Liaison between BU’s/Departments and the other key components of the Finance Function, locally and above country
- Act as a Solution Architect, with deep understanding of how our business works and its interdependencies, inspiring to co-create innovative solutions enabling financial results
- Performance management
- Leads, develops or contributes to all KPI’s pertaining to assigned BU’s/Dept’s
- Ensures accuracy of Takeda financials including gross to net and expense accruals.
- Establishes and maintains strong controls and compliance practices.
- Owns P&L top to bottom for its assigned Units, variance analysis
- Price-Volume sales analysis where applicable
- Commitment Accounting liaison with Controlling and Takeda Business Services
- Brilliant at basic analytics, provides insights, interpretations, proposed ad-hoc investigations and action plans
- Planning, forecasting
- Provides quality input and commentaries to the company-wide performance management, feed back output to assigned Units
- Manages business and financial planning process for their assigned BU, leads yearly Plan, Mid-Year Commitment (MYC) and Long Range plans for assigned Units, in alignment with the Company-wide process
- Strong handle on assumptions-based scenario’s
- Leads in development and implementation of early warning systems / R&O for all financials.
- Drive continuous learning within the assigned Units by designing and performing post-implementation financial analyses on past initiatives and sharing results across the organization
- Collaborate with financial control personnel, FSC’s to ensure robust financial data
- Support decision-making and controlling within the M&S functions
- Supports Head of Controlling, SOX Finance PMO in leasing with Finance Service Centers in designing, assigning and monitoring relevant controls, securing accountability also in assigned Units where applicable, including contributing or developing Units-specific SOPs/Operating instructions where necessary
- Implements and/or designs and implements analytics in support of proper monitoring of business management in full spirit of PTRB (Patients, Trust, Reputation and Business)
- University degree in economics, business, engineering or related field
- Preferred Advanced degree/courses in business, economics, engineering or related field preferred
- CPA or similar designation preferred
- Excellent English
- 5-7 years finance FP&A/FBP experience in a multinational set-up, with accounting familiarity and technical fundamentals of GAAP, IFRS
- Significant (4+ years) first-hand working expertise of SOX and internal controls; experience as external auditor / Big 4 audit firms a plus
- Proven project management skills
- Pharma / Healthcare and PSP experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and ability to clearly present financial data in reports distributed to regional and global officers, but also to non-Finance stakeholders
- Excellent analytical ability
- Experience with Shared Services set-up a plus
- Strong plus: experience with complex company integrations
Time TypeFull time
View all Europe & Canada jobsSearch
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Toronto, OntarioExpand Map