Executive Sales Representative (OTTAWA)Apply Now Email Me Job ID SR0043419 Date posted 11/08/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada
Contribute to achieving national sales goals by effectively implementing marketing strategies and sales plan in assigned region. Provide current, accurate and meaningful product information to physicians, nurses, and all other relevant health professionals in line with the therapeutic specialty assigned, for the primary purpose of selling Takeda brands and their benefits to customers.
- Meet all annual sales objectives for Takeda products.
- Develop and maintain excellent consultative selling skills.
- Sell the benefits and attributes of Takeda’s brands to all key customers.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of Takeda’s brands, competitive products, and the therapeutic specialties assigned.
- Establish positive and productive relationships among assigned therapeutic networks within territory
- Prioritize efforts and resources based on an understanding of products, territories, and the marketplace for effective coverage of key customers and networks.
- Analyzes sales performance and adjusts business plan and approach accordingly.
- Implement and provide input to marketing and sales strategies.
- Maintain up-to-date call records for physicians, hospitals, pharmacies and other field contacts, and submit reports and paperwork accurately and on time.
- Develop and maintain a positive business climate for the Company.
- Represent a positive and professional image of Takeda externally and internally.
- Consult with management on unusual problems or situations.
- Participate in sales meetings, medical meetings, conventions and training programs as required.
- Appropriately maintain and manage samples, literature, etc.
- Maintain compliance with all company and regulatory policies.
- Resource person for KOL in related therapeutic areas.
- Mentor for colleagues and team members as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by management
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Health Sciences or in Business Administration.
- Minimum 2 years of prior medical specialty sales experience, preferably in related therapeutic fields.
- Experience in the fields of psychiatry and family medicine is an asset
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English (knowledge of French an asset)
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions; experience selling within healthcare institutions required.
- Recognized credibility with KOL in pertinent therapeutic areas
- Recognized track record for holding successful Continued Medical Education programs.
- Proven successful track record with Takeda or in previous relevant experiences.
- Experience in market data analysis and in building tactical sales plan at territory level.
- Proficiency with MS Office, and Excel in particular.
- Flexibility to travel on a regular basis within the assigned territory and periodically outside of the territory (sales meetings).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.