Executive AssistantApply Now Email Me Job ID R0016517 Date posted 02/04/2020 Location: Toronto, Canada
With around 30,000 people working in approximately 70 countries we are a truly global partner for better health. Takeda is dedicated to pharmaceutical innovation and tackling diseases for which there is currently no cure. We are expanding continuously into new fields of treatment and therapy. By always putting people first, we empower employees so everyone can develop to his or her full potential. We are looking for colleagues with the right skills and experiences to support us in improving the quality of the most precious thing we know: life.
- Responsible for the provision and coordination of all administration support to the General Manager, including preparation and consolidation of sensitive confidential documents, presentations, reports and correspondence.
- Coordinates and manages the calendar and appointment schedule for the General Manager, exercising discretion and judgment to the priority and urgency of such.
- Coordinates all travel and accommodation arrangements for the General Manager and visiting senior executives.
- Coordinates all administration related to offsite meetings and events sponsored by the General Manager.
- Provides support to the Head of Business Operations with all Management Team meetings, including scheduling, agenda development and minute taking.
- Creates and develops complex visual presentations through Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Prepare and ensure timely expense report submission for General Manager and Management Team.
- Processes accounts payable invoices and all aspects of expense reporting related to the General Management budget.
- Coordinates cross-functional collaboration with the office management and administrative coordinator group to ensure a high and consistent level of office services provided across all functions.
- Abides by office services policies and procedures as required under the Occupational Health and Safety Act to secure an optimal and safe working environment. Acts as an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
Occupational Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Ability to be innovative and agile, work well with multiple projects, prioritize well and handle tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Requires strong attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, scheduling and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Experience with expense reporting systems/software.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Pro-active approach and solution-oriented
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and enthusiasm on the job.
- Knowledge of Takeda’s products, services and internal stakeholders in order to respond to project concerns and offer support to the General Manager and Management Team.
- Knowledge of internal office policies and procedures to ensure consistency and alignment amongst the organization.
- Knowledge of Takeda Global contacts and the Takeda Environment to provide efficient and effective support.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- 8-10 + years of managerial and executive administration experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience within the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including some overnight trips)