Business Intelligence Manager - NeuroscienceApply Now Email Me Job ID R0009894 Date posted 08/02/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada; Oakville, Canada
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Business Intelligence Manager in our Downtown Toronto office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As part of the Takeda Canada’s Customer Excellence Team, the Business Intelligence Manager will lead and manage all the insights and analytical needs related to their respective business unit(s) including market analysis and evaluation, forecasting and primary and secondary market research (in partnership with Market Research Lead). This role will also collaborate with Customer Experience and Operations colleagues to design and develop sales force effectiveness initiatives including territory design, resource allocation, incentive compensation and segmentation. The individual is to exhibit a high degree of collaboration and influence to ensure that cross-functional partners understand analytical insights and develop corresponding actions and outcomes in their decision-making process. The individual will also show a high degree of knowledge in the therapeutic area and pharmaceutical data sources as well as in analytical and market research methodologies and approach. The Business Intelligence Manager is a key member of the respective brand team(s). Reporting to the Head of Customer Excellence, located at head office in downtown Toronto, the Business Intelligence Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Partner with Business Insights team to deliver and interpret meaningful data analytics for the neuroscience portfolio
- Facilitates the prioritization of analytic needs and is able to influence the strategic direction of the brand based on data insights
- Supports the development and maintenance of brand forecasts including baseline trending, market and brand events
- Ensures alignment on forecast assumptions and other critical analytical assessments with cross-functional partners
- Create and maintain dashboards and scorecards to provide business insights to the cross-functional teams. Dashboard information to include sales force effectiveness and performance analytics. Defines the key metrics in consultation with internal and external partners to deliver actionable findings
- Effectively collaborates with other Customer Excellence team members to ensure alignment and delivery of sale effectiveness or operations requirements such as territory design, resource allocation, incentive compensation and segmentation
- Acts as a core member of the integrated brand team and will be expected to partner and contribute equally with commercial, medical and market access colleagues
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the therapeutic area and scientific data
- Conducts analysis in sales force effectiveness (quota setting, territory optimization, call planning)
- Performs ad-hoc queries on Takeda data assets (e.g. IQVIA, distributor, Patient Support Program (PSP) data) to support BI projects
- Displays a working familiarity with pharmaceutical data sources and is comfortable working with large data sets across a variety of analytical platforms
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, statistical or market research or marketing
- Work experience in highly dynamic, fast-moving environment
- University degree, preferred science, information technology or MBA
- Proven experience in data analysis including: Forecasting model development, maintenance and communication. Understanding of forecasting methodologies
- Market insights development, KPI creation and scorecard communication
- Experience in sales force effectiveness (territory design, segmentation, sizing, IC)
- Excellent Excel or other data analysis tool knowledge (SPSS, SAS, Business Intelligence software)
- Proficiency in CRM uses, metrics, reporting and high proficiency in pharmaceutical data sources such as IMS data
- Knowledge of Canadian pharmaceutical industry an asset
- Ability to absorb and filter information and communicate succinct analysis on which to make informed recommendations
- Proven ability to work within a self-directed environment and collaboratively with both internal and external partners
- Experience in working with multiple therapeutic categories in blood products would be an asset
- Demonstrated expertise in customer orientation, collaboration, and teamwork, strategic innovative thinking and ability to manage complex situations
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or customer meetings, including overnight trips in Canada, US, and Europe (<25%).
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
L-Shire - Canada - Toronto