Associate Product ManagerApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0043772 Date posted 11/11/2019 Location: Toronto, Canada
- Responsible for supporting the Marketing Team with the development and execution of brand tactics. Leads the project management of all promotional activities including:
- conference and booth planning for industry meetings
- annual tracking and updating of PAAB approved materials
- submitting and tracking all materials and presentations through MLR as required
- coordinating development and production of all projects in conjunction with various agencies and external partners (from inception to ultimate delivery to end user)
- Provides input to Director of Marketing, Marketing Lead, senior sales management and training groups in:
- the execution of training material and programs where appropriate
- coordinating feedback from the Field Force (particularly MACs and RICs) to gain feedback/insights on current and proposed tools.
- Help to gather and compile competitive intelligence and identify opportunities for new tools to enhance the learning and positioning of VYVANSE in both ADHD and BED and INTUNIV XR in ADHD
- Partners with key internal departments (Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Market Access, Legal, Medical, Market Research, HR, IT, BI) to ensure cross-functional input and support related to marketing initiatives and engagements.
- Ensure compliance of strategy/initiatives with external and internal regulations (e.g. Data privacy, compliance).
- Leads or co-leads the planning process for any NSMs/AEMs or any other major meetings that occur. Ensure logistical planning and communication is timely and pro-active
- Participates in the development of annual budgets, budget tracking, business analysis, operating plan, market sales forecasts, quarterly updates, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with proven presentation skills
- Experience working closely a field sales organization to anticipate field needs
- Well-developed structured problem solving and strategic agility skills
- Strong project management skills and experience managing multiple projects and customers
- Understanding of the marketing discipline as a whole to support the development and execution of strategies and ensure smooth handoff and pull-through for tactical materials and programs
- A demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, proactively drive opportunities to meet brand objectives, and deliver on project timelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment which requires significant cross-functional and cross-brand coordination and teamwork
- A baseline understanding of the Canadian Healthcare landscape including HCP care pathways, provincial funding and access mechanisms and regulatory approvals
- A proven ability to develop relationships with sales force and internal departments to support commercial strategies and drive business results
- A demonstrated ability to work in teams and also work autonomously
- Demonstrated track record on delivering results
- Understanding of regulatory and legal requirements related to pharmaceutical marketing (including PAAB and IMC)
- Thorough and accurate attention to detail in day to day activities
- A documented history of adhering to timelines and budgets
Education, licenses/certifications, experience:
- Minimum B.Sc., B. Comm. or equivalent; an MBA or advanced degree is an asset
- Minimum of two years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry or sales
- Computer proficiency – MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint databases etc.) and an overall aptitude for working within computer based systems
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.