Senior Specialist or Specialist, Global HR Total Rewards, Executive CompensationApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0022009 Date posted 08/07/2020 Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Support Head of Executive Compensation and Executive Compensation Lead to drive the appropriate executive compensation process including directors and TET members
- Support the process in assessing the competitiveness of the Japan equity programs and participate in assessing the competitiveness of our executive and Board compensation practices, including working with external consultants, as needed
- Prepare documents, spreadsheets, communications, etc. for equity grant process and vesting process
- Prepare the materials related to the Japan equity trust(s) including, but not limited to, budgets, forecasts, trust documents, press releases, materials for the Compensation Committee and Board of Directors
- Support the annual executive compensation disclosures, materials for the Compensation Committee, and the Board of Directors
- Works closely with Legal, Finance, CSD, CEO office, CCPA and payroll teams, as it relates to executive compensation and incentive programs and may serve as a technical resource, as needed.
- Support the Japan equity program
- Support the relationship with the Japan trust(s)
- Responsible for responding to inquiries regarding Japan equity from TET, Legal, IR, CHRO, Head of TR, consultants, equity operations etc, and responding and resolving questions
- Plan the equity grant and vest process in Japan and coordinate with global equity operations team
- Manage and prepare Japan equity grants and vesting documents and process
- Prepare benchmark data for equity and executive compensation
- Prepare the materials for disclosures of directors compensation(Annual securities reports, Corporate governance reports, 20-F,and business report) according to Japanese law
- Update internal regulations relevance to Executives (CO, directors compensation, compensation committee, nomination committee and election of directors candidate etc.) if needed
- Prepare proposals and QAs for GSM relevance to directors(directors election, the limit of directors bonus total etc.)
- Prepare proposal matters and report matters for BOD
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Japanese equity trust law and administration, Japanese Corporate Act, labor law, Japanese corporate governance requirement, Bench marking of executive compensation
- Good communication and collaboration skill among different global departments and external consultants and specialists
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Responsible for decisions on Japanese equity and trust(s) and propose solutions to supervisors for their decision making on other matters
- Work closely with global Legal, Finance, Corporate Strategy, CEO office, CCPA (Corporate Communications and Public Affairs) and payroll teams internally, and also lawyers ant consultants externally.
- Need to keep abreast with equity, trust and executive compensation trends and corporate governance and corporate Acts in Japan and global
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Language: Japanese (be able to understand, create and review official documents and professional materials) and English (business level)
Good understanding of Japanese equity and trust operation, Japanese Corporate Act, labor law, requirement of corporate governance and internal policy.
Knowledge of payroll processes and compensation planning
- Experience in human resources or related field.
Competencies and Skills
- High ethical standards, honesty, flexibility, legal compliance