Manager, Database Services - APACApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0016249 Date posted 02/21/2020 Location: Tokyo, Japan
CTO- The CTO Organization’s mission is to develop an industry-leading, seamless technology roadmap that will deliver value to patients and support Takeda’s desired growth. We will guide technology choices that create an optimized, efficient, and scalable environment and provide services, platforms, products, and governance to support those choices. Providing high-quality data platforms and products that provide timely information to drive insights and innovation round out our team’s offerings. Operations are 24 by 7 with out-side vender support.
This role requires a person who can manage Database Infrastructure and databases (Oracle & SQL.
- Database SME -Subject Matter Expert – for Database technologies i.e Oracle, SQL.
- Exadata SME – Manage Oracle Exadata machines and ZFS Storage appliance in Takeda DCs. .
- Capability to manage out-sourcing vender to provide Database Services – Use service support partners Wipro, Accenture, etc. both on-site and off-shore to provide stable and efficient database hosting services. The role should act as a first contact with business IT so they can effectively use the services.
- Operational responsibility – The role will be responsible for day-to day activities in Database hosting to keep services up and running according applicable SLAs In case of incident, provide 3rd level technical support is required. Also, the role is required to improve processes of each service with out-sourcing partners.
- Lead the GXP and SOX compliance – There are many GXP and JSOX related systems running in Data Centers. The role should lead and manage out-sourcing vender(s) to keep GXP/SOX related SOPs – Standard Operating Procedure- to keep the systems compliant.
- Project management – The role should lead infrastructure related projects such as building new database platforms, platform migrations, database migrations, etc.
- Understand and know the Japan Pharmaceutical and Lifesciences environment and the underlying IT & Digital solutions being consumed by the industry
- Design, maintain and support the infrastructure for IT services within CTO/DB Services area
- CTO/CTUX related technical systems and process documentation
- Serve as Data Center Service owner in area of responsibility and as point of contact for approving system maintenance as required
- Manage and resolve issues and escalate them appropriately
- Follow all company and departmental policies, procedures and standards
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers and vendors
- Keep Datacenter Services align with GXP and JSOX/USSOX compliance
- Keep Database Services following the global standards fixed by global team
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Deep understanding of Database technology such as Oracle (12c, 18c..) , SQL Server (2014, 2016, etc…)
- Deep understanding of Engineered system technologies such as Oracle Exadata, ZFS PCA, etc.
- Deep understanding of UNIX technology such as LINUX,Solaris and HP-UX
- Experience in the Pharma/LifeSciences Industry
- Ability to connect, orchestrate and influence different stakeholders from various departments and vendors to drive for affordable and usable solutions
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute initiatives
- High level project management skills
- Ability to collect and understand DB Services related requirements from cross functional stakeholders, then able to ensure solutions are delivered to business on time and budget through the business process experts
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Exceptional knowledge of existing and emerging Database (Oracle 12c, 18c, SQL 2014/2016, etc…) and UNIX technologies (Oracle Linux, RedHat Linux, Solaris).
- Experience using Oracle Exadata systems, ZFS, PCA
- Experience using monitoring tools Oracle Enterprise Manager(OEM), SCOM, etc..
- Experience using Back-up and Restore technologies (Oracle RMAN, Veritas Netbackup, EMC Avamar, etc…)
- Experience using UNIX technologies (RedHat LINUX, Oracle Linux and Solaris)
- Deep understanding of virtualization technology such as VMware and HyperV etc
- Up to date knowledge of emerging technologies(Oracle 18c, 19c, SQL 2018)
- Knowledge of emerging cloud native technologies (PostGreSQL, Aurora, etc…)
- An ability to develop, document and present Technology Architecture and Project Plans at DB services area
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Ability to partner with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to lead in a heavily matrix global organization
- A strategic mindset, able to capture business priorities and articulate those into Database Services
- Able to clearly communicate and foster alignment
- Able to create a technology roadmap and to lead a matrix team towards this technology roadmap
- Acts like an owner by delivering results, creating value for our stakeholders (internals and externals)
- Inspire others to deliver Takeda’s mission, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to enjoy their work
- Develop self and support others' development to achieve their full potential
- Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity
- Has no issue speaking up and encourages the team to do the same
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)
- Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Feels comfortable operating alone, within the boundaries set by CTO’s management
- Ability to develop solutions with a wide cross-functional team of colleagues and collaborate effectively
- Able to influence stakeholders in a matrix organisation, with abiliy to ensure delivery and maintenance of Commercial solutions at all levels of the organisation
- Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance and defend it
- Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace
- Has high performance standards
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Able to clearly communicate and foster alignment across all levels of the organisation
- Build strong working partnerships with IT Venders, IT Business partners, Business Process Experts & Analytics
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with team members in: System Integrators, IT Business Partner, Enterprise Architects.
- Able to strongly influence around the utilization of Data Center Services with business partners and cross functional teams
- Strong ability to build external collaborations with industry partners,Out-sourcers and suppliers
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas and then brings them proactively to his/her business stakeholders
- Generates breakthrough solutions, and enables others to do the same
- Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking
- Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Day-to-day decisions regarding design, development and implementation of Commercial solutions
- Able to present issues and recommended solutions in a succinct manner to Global, Senior and Executive Management on a frequent basis
- Manage relationships with key external 3rd party suppliers
- Recommend and monitor spend for project budgets
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Fluent in Japanese & High Level Business English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of information management and/or related work experience in Bio-Tech/Pharmaceutical industry
- Project management qualification or equivalent experience preferable
- 7+ years of working experience managing Database Services including large external service provider partnerships within Pharmaceutical and/or Biotech environment
- Experience on large IT projects from start to end
- Strong knowledge of Data Cetner Services such as Servers, Monitoring, Storage, Backup,Win/Tel and UNIX.
- Master Degree in Computer Sciences
- Strong Technical skills and experience in Database technology and UNIX area
- Strong collaborating skills and experience in people management and skills development
- Strong commercial business acumen with knowledge of interdependencies that impact the organization
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to listen and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Passion for optimizing Business IT team’s requirement.
- Proven track record of driving change in processes and organizations, while maintaining working relationships with key business customers.
- Versed in Risk management possessing ability to identify, analyse, track, manage and resolve risks issues that impact project
- Expert in technology resolutions in Database, Database Backup/Restore, UNIX and Cloud
- Understand and provide clarity and transparency of Business IT’s needs
- Apply global solutions where possible and local solutions only when necessary
- Experience with providing Database Services in regulated environment (FDA, GxP, HIPAA, SOX, GDPR and other data privacy, computer system validation, a plus)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (Add any information legally required for your country here)
- Domestic Travel of up to 5% may be required from this position.