Japan Use Case Lead - DABApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0021139 Date posted 07/25/2020 Location: Tokyo, Japan
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us in our Tokyo office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
The Digital Advisory Board programs aim to ensure our growing data is easily accessible to everyone so we can help our patients and HCPs faster and more effectively.
Integrated & Personalized Patient Care (IPC) - Use emerging data and knowledge to inform better patient outcomes and to enable a personalized & integrated patient experience across the care continuum.We believe patients should receive the best support, anywhere, anytime, as they need it. We will do this by providing digital solutions that put patients at the heart of their care by integrating and personalizing the support they receive.
Patient Engagement Platform (PEP) - Provide patient centric technology foundation that enables R&D and Commercial to create a seamless patient experience that delivers improved outcomes and generates actionable data.
Rare Disease Early Diagnosis (RED) – Decrease the burden of rare disease on patients by accelerating time to diagnosis through using innovative, best-in-class, enterprise level advanced analytics, digital tools, and strategic partnerships.
We will explore partnering externally and internally to provide fit-for-purpose solutions that help patients and care teams from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. We will leverage the power of data and technology to gain insights into diseases, treatments or lifestyle to improve the quality of care and make it as unique to each patient as possible.
- Drive end-to-end the IPC, PEP and RED solution developments for allocated use cases
- Ensures IPC, PEP and RED solutions are launched successfully and sustainably in the market
- Builds capability in the organization to maintain the IPC, PEP and RED solutions after launch, from process, people and technology perspectives
- Assumes role of Product Owner in sprints
- Assembles and project manages the cross-functional team dedicated to the use case allocated (members from BUs, brand teams, IPC, PEP, RED, RWE, EDB, medical devices CoE, Patient Services CoE, DSI, vendors etc.)
- Coordinates the creation of the IPC, PEP and RED solution blueprints for allocated use case, to include: unmet needs & business drivers, high level design of MVP & full solution, existing assets to be leveraged
- Conducts external validation of the solution blueprints with patients, HCPs, payors, caregivers, patient groups etc. in different regions
- Produce detail design & business requirements for the agile delivery team and ensure development is executed according to plan
- Ensure continuous communication and engagement of key stakeholders throughout the solution development process
- Execution excellence: Budget management, planning and reporting
- Works with asset owners (BUs for inline / GPTs for pipeline assets) to design a sustainable go-to-market model for the solution
- Conducts external validation of go-to-market-model with patients, HCPs, payors, caregivers, patient groups etc. in different regions
- Builds external partnerships to ensure the solution uptake in the market (e.g. patient groups, KOLs, key hospitals, payors etc.)
- Set KPIs for the the solutions and generate evidence of impact
- Maintains a global solution inventory of existing & scalable assets
- Document learnings and assets created into re-usable blueprints, playbooks, workshops-in-box, reports, case studies etc. (repository)
- Creates a playbook for the solution maintenance post launch
- Conducts workshops & trainings with key stakeholders to transfer learnings and ensure long-term management of the solutions
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Japanese and English language fluency
- Experience in both strategy and execution of digital solutions beyond the medicine
- Therapeutic area knowledge for the allocated use cases
- Experience in project management large enterprise initiatives
- Customer focus / outside in perspective in decision making
- Able to manage complexity due to the nature of digital innovation projects and involvement of multiple functions and regions
- Strong leadership skills required to collaborate with a cross-functional team and influence without authority
- Highly proactive and flexible mindset, focused on driving impact under uncertainty
- Excellent communication skills to lead and motivate teams and maintain a common understanding / synchronization of the solution vision
- Multiple years of working experience in multinational and multi-cultural environment
- 10+ years’ experience in strategic project management, digital strategy and innovation or in relevant commercial/R&D roles
- Experience working with Agile & Lean methodologies
- Proven ability to drive impact through diverse team members and stakeholders across functions and regions world-wide