Japan Commercial Supply Chain Planning Lead
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Japan Commercial Supply Chain Planning LeadApply Now
Takeda is unwavering in our commitment to patients. With the patient at the center of everything we do, we continue to innovate and drive changes that will better their lives - we’re looking for like-minded professionals to join us.
Takeda is the number one pharmaceutical company in Japan and a global industry leader –we are united by our four priorities (Patients, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and our shared values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. Takeda-ism is more than just a word. It’s a belief and a mindset which guides our decisions, behaviors, and interactions. It’s how we strive to work and live, every day.
- Stabilize Japan product supply to the customers
- Manage Supply Chain Planning and Reviewing in Japan
- Facilitate Local S&OP process as business process with JPBU/JOBU
- Work as one of the leaders in GMS-J Supply Chain to support Head of GMS-J Supply Chain and organization
- Manage supply chain key performance metrics, such as CSL (E) for Japan, Japan Forecast Accuracy, inventory amount (or DIO) at Japan DCs
- Organize and facilitate Japan S&OP process, local demand planning & review and S&OP meeting.
- Coordinate "Kankeigaisya" to supply chain excellent.
- Build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage supply chain related initiatives, such as Agile SC and the other supply chain task force projects.
- Develop people who have supply chain expert knowledge, experience, leadership, as next generation SC functional leaders.
- Support Head of GMS-J Supply Chain to participate GSC leadership team as a GSC regional coordinator and contribute to Global Supply Chain initiatives
- Create and implement supply chain management department annual & mid-range plan (MRP) and mid-year commitment (MYC) with Head of Supply Chain Management
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- 10+ years' experience in at least two of the following cross-functional areas: supply chain, sales & marketing, finance, purchasing, manufacturing, product development or project management.
- Must have general knowledge of supply chain (including procurement, production, and demand & supply planning, logistics & distribution and sales & marketing).
- Must have regulatory knowledge such as GMP, GDP, etc.
- Must have project management skills.
- Must have communication skills: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have team management skill.
- Must have human resources development ability.
- Must be able to behave with clarity, conviction and confidence.
- Must have business level of Japanese/English capability with strong verbal/written communications.
Drive the organization and the people as:
- Demonstrates strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients, and build trust, reputation and business.
- Create the environment that inspires and enables people to collaborate and move the organization forward.
- Focuses on the few priorities and delivers superior results.
- Elevates the capabilities of the organization for now and the future.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- According to Takeda T-MAP, GMS T-MAP and Takada DoA etc., as Role 4, decision making and autonomy rights have been granted for GMS-J supply chain area and as a Japan Commercial Supply Chain Planning Lead.
- Work as a middle leadership member in GMS-J and well connect with upper management (PLC members & GSC LT).
- Collaborate with Hikari/Osaka Plants, Onc&ES SM OpU, Biologics OpU, JPBU/JOBU and R&D departments.
- Work with the partnered pharmaceutical companies, "Kankeigaisya", who utilize Takeda supply chain network as partners.
- Develop and utilize cutting edge supply chain technology for visualization, customer relationship management, supplier collaboration and so on.
- Handle small and large molecular products and new modalities, such as cell-based therapy.
- Manage the products in various therapeutic areas, for general medicine business unit, specialty business unit & rare disease business unit
- Manage various types of product, Generics, Authorized Generics, Long Listed Product, and Innovative Product.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Master degree/ PhD or equivalent in related fields
- Certified Supply Chain Professional(CSCP) certificate by APICS or equivalent
- Project Management Professional(PMP) certificate by PMI or equivalent
- Engage Others – Inspire Commitment
- Collaboration – Influence Through Relationships
- Drive for Results – Mobilize High Performance
- Strategic Approach – Prepare for the Future
- Lead Change – Champion Change
- Self-Awareness – Demonstrate Humility
- Develop Capabilities – Build Organizational Competence
- Knowledge – comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical or related industry in manufacturing & supply environments in a large multi-national prescription drug manufacturer or related organization.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner internally and externally.
- Strategic Implementation – ability to implement and monitor the overall supply chain strategy through knowledge of the company’s operations, procurement expertise, industry knowledge and competitive analysis.
- Management – leadership, project planning, status tracking, conflict resolution and partnering with other departments and across cultures.
- People Development – ability to assess strengths and weaknesses, providing suggestions for improvement and mentoring opportunities.
- Analytical Skills – ability to analyze a wide variety of data including COGS, freight, labor rates, duties, taxes, regional politics to make strategic sourcing decisions.
- Experience – in two or more of the following areas: Engineering, Project Management, Operations/Production Manager or Materials Manager, Pharmacist/Scientist.
- Takeda Operations – comprehensive understanding of Takeda’s operations.
- Fluent business level Japanese/English capability, writing and verbal communication skills.
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Salary Increase: Annually
Bonus Payment: Twice a year
Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/ Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
Click here to find outTakeda’s Diversity & Inclusion
Empowering Our People to Shine
Job ID R0019238