Investigation Lead, Ethics & Compliance Assurance TeamApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0020300 Date posted 06/11/2020 Location: Tokyo, Japan
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Investigation Lead for Ethics & Compliance Assurance Teamactivities, based out of Tokyo, Japan.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behavior plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behavior in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BU / BF to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
The primary responsibility of the Investigation Lead is to assess allegations of misconduct, assign, conduct and document investigations of alleged violations of laws and regulations, Takeda’s Global Code of Conduct, policies or SOPs, primarily across Japan. The Investigation Lead will:
- Plan and run global and/or local impact investigations for a multi-national, Japan / US listed pharmaceutical company
- Assess and manage the concerns reported (including HR-related concerns) and determine if an investigation is warranted. Develop and execute an investigation plan and supervise the work of internal/external resources involved in an investigation
- Based in Japan, be the first point of contact for the relevant Business Units/Business Functions and subsidiaries present in the country (e.g., Global Manufacturing, Research & Development, Vaccines Business Unit, Corporate functions, Takeda Consumer Healthcare Company, Nihon Pharma and others) on matters of concerns raised and investigated
- Where relevant, oversee the execution of local investigations to ensure they are performed according to internationally recognized standards
- Work closely with Human Resources, Ethics & Compliance and Legal departments on matters of investigations and disciplinary actions
- Scale up and maintain investigation capability internally including the balanced use of internal and external resources and expertise. Manage vendors supporting investigative activities.
- Help build local investigative capability to ensure consistency and quality of investigations across the organization. Identify, train and provide guidance to local E&C Officers and other personnel in charge of conducting local impact investigations
- Define and manage integrated root-cause analysis for investigations and work closely with the Compliance Risk Assessment and Monitoring Lead for outcome reporting with BU/BF Presidents to enable effective risk and control management
- Do regular assessments on the potential causes of misconduct and recommend areas to be reviewed to prevent/minimize that similar instances occur again. Work collaboratively with the relevant Business Units/Business Functions/Regional/Local E&C Heads and other relevant functions to proactively identify potential risk areas (internal/external) and support the development of case studies and best practices that would raise the awareness of key ethics and compliance risks / HR and mitigate them
- Provide regular assurance reporting on the overall investigations to Global Investigator, Head of Ethics & Compliance Assurance, the Head of E&C Center of Excellence, the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and other key internal stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results in a matrix organization
- Works cross-functionally and collaborates effectively with multiple business stakeholders including Human Resources, Finance, Group Internal Audit and IT
- Uses business acumen and insights to effectively manage investigations in the company matrix model including across multiple sets of stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with senior leaders
- Uses analytics to build and keep improving the assurance program including investigations, monitoring and risk assessment to ensure value added to the business
- Preferably, experience in managing M&A due diligence, including the use of external specialized companies
- Experience in investigating HR-related allegations such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation and other violations prescribe in local HR policies / local labor law
- 8+ years of managing sensitive and complex investigations internationally including cases of fraud, harassment and corruption or equivalent
- Proven track-record in planning and executing corporate investigations for a multi-national company in Japan region
- Manage teams of external investigators in fieldwork and forensics
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations and industry codes relevant to the healthcare industry in the region and the applicable extraterritorial regulations (e.g., FCPA, SOX, UKBA)
- Knowledge of the current compliance issues that the healthcare industry is facing in the region
- Ability to interpret and contextualize rules, guidelines, policies, procedures and controls
- Sound and independent judgment in complex and sensitive cases
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple cases/projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in providing assistance with the development of remedial measures of risk areas/gaps identified during investigations
- Proficiency in English language. Legal and risk background including experience working in APAC countries is an advantage
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Allowances: Commutation, Housing, etc.
- Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
- Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
- Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Clickhereto find out Takeda’s Diversity & Inclusion
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com