Internal Control LeadApply Now Email Me Job ID R0011360 Date posted 08/09/2019 Location: Tokyo, Japan
Please note that this job requires native level Japanese language command not only in speaking, but also in business writing and reading.
· Provide day-to-day support for Takeda’s US SOX program under the direction of the Internal Control Champion and Global SOX PMO
· Assist with the planning and execution of company-wide communications and develop/execute training sessions, as deemed appropriate
· Provide subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of controls
· Coordinate and monitor testing and provide control mentorship for remediation
· Work with process owners to ensure timely review and updates to process documentation and controls for new and/or existing processes
· Actively participate in new policies, procedures and business process, and system implementation ensuring that proper controls are embedded
· Coordinates with management and process owners to maintain and update all internal controls and related documentation (i.e. narratives, flowcharts, walkthroughs, COSO compliance, etc.).
· Ensure management initiates control changes (i.e. additions/deletions/modifications) and oversees the change management process.
· Work with business process owners to ensure that exceptions from SOX testing are adequately remediated and re-tested in a timely manner; assist process owners with developing corrective action plans, including root cause analysis, as well as facilitate the remediation of control gap
· Assist in the preparing various SOX reporting packages for Global SOX PMO
· Establish and maintain relationships with process owners to proactively assess business risks and develop risk mitigation
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting
· CPA or CIA certification strongly preferred
· 3-5 years public accounting and SOX experience required
· Flexible/team player; comfortable changing directions mid-stream; understands the importance of achieving team objectives.
· Action oriented; thrives in a dynamic environment; takes initiative to identify and resolve issues; critical thinker
· Precise, deadline-driven team member with strong organizational and project management skills
· Advanced understanding of SOX compliance requirements and standards, COSO Framework, IFRS, and PCAOB standards
· Pro-active, strategic approach to problem solving and controls execution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills on both Japanese and in English