Intern, Global CSR Programs/PartnershipsApply Now Email Me Job ID R0011278 Date posted 08/07/2019 Location: Tokyo, Japan
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Takeda's Global CSR Program, its flagship CSR activity, makes multi-year commitments in partnership with key global stakeholders. The Program is rooted in the company’s patient-centricity and dedication to disease prevention and the improvement of access to healthcare that transforms people's lives in developing and emerging countries. Since its launch in 2016, the Global CSR Program has been delivering tangible results, contributing significantly to global efforts to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Results range from expanding patient’s access to quality diagnosis and treatment, including immunization, in disease-endemic countries to training health workers and strengthening health systems worldwide. For more information visit https://www.takeda.com/corporate-responsibility/.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
*It is important to note that this internship is unpaid.
Internship major activities / expected results:
The Intern will learn about Global CSR Programs/Partnerships within a fast-paced biopharmaceutical company.
The Intern will support the Global CSR Programs/Partnerships by;
- Acting as an extra resource to the Global CSR Programs/Partnerships Team (the “Team”) for areas such as research, desk reviews, surveys, and data analysis.
- Support the Team by maintain program documentation (communication materials and files).
- Assist in preparation of guidance notes, templates, communication & knowledge dissemination activities to internal and external (suppliers, development aid partners, NGOs) partners.
- Assist in any additional tasks accomplished by the Team.
- The internship position will be supervised by the Manager of Global CSR Programs/Partnerships.
- Collaborate with Takeda’s Global Health Communications Team, Global Media & Executive Communications, and other Business Units as needed.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, as needed, in areas such as research, surveys, and data analysis.
The role is located within the Corporate Social Responsibility Department of Takeda’s Corporate Communications and Public Affairs (CCPA) based in Tokyo Global HQ.
Qualification and Competences:
Bachelor degree must have already been fully completed. In near completion, or recently completed a Master level program in political science, social science, communication, journalism, humanitarian studies, supply chain management, business administration, engineering, or market research and analysis related discipline.
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but any academic and/or practical experience in development and humanitarian aid is an asset.
- Applicants should be computer literate in standard software applications; have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes willingness to understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Effective communicator of verbal and written concepts to international audiences.
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues in Japan, Switzerland, USA.
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce high quality results on time.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote) is essential.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Smartsheet, OneDrive, WebEx and other popular productivity tools is essential.
- Knowledge of Prezi, Adobe Photoshop, Tableau is an advantage.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and web applications.
- The post requires awareness of current thinking and techniques of media and communications.
Business level English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge in Japanese and/or French is an advantage.
Other desirable skills:
- Ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary
- Interest in the work of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development Goals.
Takeda CSR internships are unpaid.
However, commuting cost and lunch will be covered by the department
Working hours requirement:
Must be able to work 2-3 times a week.
- Flexible working schedules may be arranged.
- Please keep in mind that this internship is not designed to lead to a full-time position within Takeda CSR. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
- Selected candidate must have a valid residence permit in Japan.
Number of vacancies
Flexible from minimum of three months to maximum six months starting as soon as possible (to be agreed with successful candidate)
Takeda provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
Unpaid Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)