HR Strategy and Planning PartnerApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0016360 Date posted 02/14/2020 Location: Tokyo, Japan
The position will work closely with the CHRO and HR Leadership Team (HRLT) acting as an enabler for strategic initiatives and ensuring execution of key priorities. S/he will be charged with building alignment on strategic initiatives with the HRLT and broader organization to include planning, communicating, and operationalizing strategic programs for Global HR.
As a critical partner, s/he will manage and coordinate key activities for Global HR Organization (GHRO) office including, but not limited to, executive presentations, monthly HR reporting to the CHRO and Takeda Executive Team, HRLT meeting planning and execution, and HR Annual planning processes. This role is a pivotal player requiring influence, initiative, creativity, and resolve to ensure the team is well positioned to execute. The position will also serve as a program manager for special projects or events, driving both the strategy and execution.
The position understands and completes complex tasks and drive organization-wide impact, enabling GHRO to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with and build relationships inside and outside of Takeda to enable execution of the HR Strategy and Roadmap and represent the GHRO Office accordingly.
- Work with HRLT, TET, CHRO to create and approve the rolling 3 year road map of projects and initiatives that impact the enterprise.
- Assist in translating the HR Strategy to enable the horizontal alignment of the HRLT and their ability to operationalize their HR strategy.
- Prepare and manage annual calendar of HRLT events (i.e. quarterly meetings) including the annual global HR TET-2 meeting.
- Manage and author TET/Board of Directors report for Global HR
- Liaise with Finance and Global Head of HR Strategy and Planning as interface to HRLT to operationalize monthly, quarterly and annual processes: e.g.Integration Targets, Synergy Capture, HR Operational Budget
- Partner with HRLT Members to understand their sub-functional budgeting challenges & proactively partner to identify required dollars, trade-offs and synergy achievement
- Serve as a Delegation of Authority for the CHRO
- Partner with Comms and Global Head of HR Strategy and Planning, to support positioning of CHRO and HR overall, both internally and externally including driving HR Town Halls.
- Work with HRLT and Comms on Business as Usual initiatives
- Manage CHRO calendar of events as they relate to TET, BRC, BOD meetings and subsequent prep meetings for each
- Liaise with Integration Office as needed on behalf of the CHRO
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Superior communication skills with experience in presenting to Senior Leaders
- Budget creation and/or management experience
- Project management experience
- Capability of moving groups forward and building relationships without direct authority
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Facilitates decisions on behalf of the CHRO and HRLT around budgeting, communications, and strategic initiatives
- Familiar and successful in global matrix organization where the ability to build consensus and moves groups forward is a key factor.
- Ability and experience working cross geographically and cross-culturally
- Establish and lead processes for effectively managing the organization while partnering across functions. Proactively identify problems and issues across the organization and create programs and/or processes to solve them.
- Ability to navigate a high degree of ambiguity between groups and projects at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience working with a dynamic workforce and peer set that are located around the world, with different languages, time zones and cultural differences from Admin to Sr. Executive.
- Demonstrated experience working with highly technical and educated work force from scientists, to doctors, to engineers as well as sales staff at all levels.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 7+ years of HR or similar experience with 5 years of complex global matrix experience and 3 years of project management or similar experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
- HR experience nice to have
- 15% travel some international