Head of Compensation (Japan)
Business Area Overview
At Takeda, we are guided by our purpose of creating better health for people, brighter future for the world. Every corporate function plays a role in making sure we – as a Takeda team – can discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet.
People join Takeda because they share in our purpose. And they stay because we’re committed to an inclusive, safe and empowering work environment that offers exceptional experiences and opportunities for everyone to pursue their own ambitions.
The environment is dynamic and evolving so you have to be adaptable.Maciej Niedospial Business Reporting Manager
I’m fortunate to work with a highly skilled, diverse and dedicated bunch of people and for that I’m grateful! My colleagues continue to amaze me.Sheelagh Gartlan Recruitment Business Partner
Takeda is a company that emphasizes diversity and inclusion, giving us people with diverse backgrounds, competencies and personalities. Together, we create more innovative ideas.Michelle Chen Human Resources Manager
Working at Takeda
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor to our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 11 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2022.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head of Compensation (Japan)Job ID R0066975 Date posted May. 12, 2022 Location Tokyo, Japan
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Manager, Compensation Analytics based in our Tokyo office!
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The broader context for the role is to help drive a superior workplace experience for employees, managers, HR Business Leaders and HR Partners in Takeda Japan for with respect to compensation. The successful candidate will have oversight of, and be responsible for, the delivery and effectiveness of Takeda's compensation programs in Japan. The role is also responsible for planning and delivering the Performance Management process in collaboration with the talent team.
- Consulting with Japan-based BUs, including on mobility-related compensation issues, either directly or through members of the team.
- Developing a relationship with the unions and acting as the primary point person on compensation-related union matters to further corporate strategic alignment
- Interfacing with internal/external legal and finance partners on regulatory matters relating to the ADS-based LTIP plan and members of the global total rewards team to ensure compliance with relevant Japanese legislation and broadly develop efficiencies across all long-term incentive plans
- Collaborating with regional benefits and global compensation team.
- Leading Japan M&A due-diligence & integration efforts on compensation matters, if/as appropriate.
- Taking an interest in, coaching & developing the Japan compensation team professionally and, also, from a leadership perspective. There are a number of new members on the team and taking the time to understand career motivations and interests will be critical.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- College, university or advanced degree required in human resources, business, law or a related discipline
- Significant human resources and compensation experience, along with employment or other exposure to the pharmaceutical industry are highly desirable
- Strong leadership and listening skills along with ability to adjust style to the audience at hand
- High level of expertise in Microsoft office, especially Excel and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with an ability to present information in an objective and logical manner for effective decision making
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented, “hands-on” environment
Time TypeFull time
View All Corporate JobsSearch
Manager, Communications Business Partner to Chief Financial Officer
Apply for Manager, Communications Business Partner to Chief Financial Officer Tokyo, Japan Other
Junior Data Scientist
Apply for Junior Data Scientist Bratislava, Slovakia Other
Junior Visualization Engineer
Apply for Junior Visualization Engineer Bratislava, Slovakia Other
We take action by focusing on our four priorities
- Create an exceptional people experience
- Responsibly translate science into highly innovative, life-changing medicines and vaccines
- Protect our planet
- Unleash the power of data and digital
About our location
Tokyo, TokyoExpand Map