GFIS Business Partner LeadApply Now Email Me Job ID R0009473 Date posted 08/05/2019 Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Operate a business partnering service to ensure that GFIS meets and supports the development goals of GFIS customer groups
- Assist with the financial system integrations for Takeda acquisitions
- Support the roll-out of the BI reporting strategy (CFO In Your Pocket, QlikView, and Power BI)
- Operate a support service to HFM/SAP/TM1 users to ensure that Financial Close, Budget and Forecast process are unaffected by GFIS operations. The service will operate from Tokyo but will support all Takeda locations.
- Play a key role in advancing the Digital Strategy and driving transformational change across Finance
- Liaison between business technology and the Finance organization for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems
- Evaluate new business technology developments and evolving business requirements, and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems
- Set objectives and lead/direct multiple project teams located in different regions and time zones to ensure project tasks and milestones are completed and executed according to plan
Additional Job Description
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
- Design and implement a program of process alignment for MRP, MYC and LRF to achieve procedural efficiency across BU and Group functions without sacrificing the value in each plan type.
This will require:
- Liaising with and influencing senior leaders within Finance
- Identifying any functional enhancements needed in our HFM, SAP, and TM1 environments and collaborating with the IT, UAMS, and Finance teams to deliver them
- Facilitating dialogue between the different BU and Group functions with the goal of reaching ever closer alignment
- Project managing implementation of the each component of the program
- Operate an GFIS business partnering service that retains a detailed understanding of what BU and Group functions require from the systems and processes that the GFIS team provide
- Create and lead a new Training Administration function
- Oversee the development and delivery of global GFIS process controls for:
- Close cycle support
- SAP MDM
- HFM map maintenance
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience project managing small to moderate scale/complexity system changes in accordance with strict change control processes is essential
- Strong functional knowledge of finance business processes and requirements including major areas of accounting, consolidation, period close processes, financial reporting, and Budgeting & Forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Finance, Accounting or a similar field (MBA preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with dashboarding software is preferred
- Advanced spreadsheet skills. SAP knowledge a plus
- Ability to work well in a pressured, deadline focused, small, committed team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Ability to manage and deliver projects in a matrix environment
- Ensure high standards of accuracy and consistency of data, attention to detail and efficiency
- Ability to work in a team based environment both as a leader and as a contributor
- Strong motivation and management skills
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively to improve efficiency
Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all employees.
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Detail orientation with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work in a team-based environment as both a leader and a contributor
- Must have demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to translate numbers and processes into meaningful conclusions and action plans.
- Ability to work and influence others within a matrix organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Must have the ability to interact with all levels throughout the Company.
- Self-starter with the ability to lead strategic cross-functional initiatives.
- Highly energetic, creative and enthusiastic.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Assimilating business need, system logic and GFIS policy to determine a course of action that meets customer requirements without impacting data flow integrity
- Makes recommendations and presents solutions in order that Takeda’s Management information is continuously improved
Internal and External Contacts
Job holder reports to the Head of Global Finance Information Systems.
Regular contacts include:
- On a regular basis, liaises with all levels of the Finance organization. Main areas of focus will be Corporate Services, Consolidations Group, Group BP&A, and the Business Partners from the various BU’s and regions.
- IS team members; UAMS
- Other GFIS team members
- External consultants (as required)