Director, Data Scientist
Tokyo, Japan, Hikari, Japan
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Director, Data ScientistApply Now
Drives the design, execution and implementation of the overall Global GMSGQ(Global Manufacturing & Supply, Global Quality) Big Data and analytics strategy. Provides the link across local, functional and global GMSGQ data analytics, IT and GMSGQ business.
- Drives the design, execution and implementation of advanced analytics for GMSGQ (e.g. Continuous Process Improvement, end-to-end Simulation, advanced statistics, modeling simulation)
- Develops and owns detailed scale-up and delivery execution roadmap for data analytics within GMSGQ and manages respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies
- Owns, manages and executes process monitoring and process improvement in collaboration with local and functional GMSGQ data analytics (e.g. descriptive statistics and visualization, statistical process control, out-of-the-box-tools)
- Owns, manages and executes respective Reporting in collaboration with local GMSGQ and functional data analytics (e.g. automated daily/monthly/annual, Stability Analysis Targets)
- Gathers, identifies and reviews GMSGQ data analytics possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with IT and GMSGQ business stakeholders. Advises on the respective short and medium focus.
- Drives and executes on digital GMSGQ Strategy, Technology and Innovation (e.g. Productivity Analysis, Key Performance Indicator tracking, Interdependencies, Evolution of Internet of Things)
- Builds up and owns global/functional/local GMSGQ data analytics community.
- Expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial intelligence/Machine Learning:
- Expertise in Signal Processing, Control Systems, Mechatronics
- Strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms (CNN, SVM, LSTM, etc.),
- Respective programming knowledge of either MATLAB/Python/R required, further skills such as C++, SQL etc. are advantageous
- Experience in quality mapping of parameters is a plus
- Expertise in Bayesian statistics:
- Experience in Density estimation
- Solid knowledge in Bayesian Hypothesis Testing,
- Solid knowledge in ANOVA and forecasting techniques (ARIMA, ARMA, NARX)
- Prior experience of Biostatistics, stochastic modelling and decision trees is a strong asset
- University degree of science/business. Advanced degree is required (Master/MBA and/or PhD), e.g. in Engineering , Mathematics, IT or Physics with focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy, Technology and Innovation Management
- Capabilities to translate business needs into data analytics concepts and the other way
- Hands-on, able to implement and execute initiatives
- High level project management skills
- Ability to interface with international stakeholders and to connect internal and external data analytics experts of both academia and industries
- Fluent written and spoken English
Willingness to travel to various internal/external Takeda meetings and events
International travel will be required
Job ID R0014623