Director, Communications Business Partner to Takeda Business Services (TBS)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Communications Business Partner to Takeda Business Services (TBS)Apply Now
Director, Communications Business Partner to Takeda Business Services (TBS)
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Communications Business Partner to Takeda Business Services (TBS) in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Communications Business Partner to Takeda Business Services (TBS) working on the Global Internal Communications Team, you will be empowered to support this newly formed function within Takeda with the objective of enabling Takeda’s business strategy, delivering simplification and cost reduction, improving service and providing a transformation engine for continuous improvement for Takeda.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Takeda and the Takeda Business Services (TBS) communications landscapes and keep ahead of emerging trends in Business Services to contribute to the success of the function, positioning it as best-in-class and at the forefront of emerging capabilities.
- Develop and drive the TBS communications strategy to support the global success of functional priorities within Takeda. Develop and manage global TBS communications which encompass Finance, Employee Services, Procurement Services, Automation, Analytics etc.
- Work cross-functionally to effectively deliver global TBS communications and align messages (i.e., Finance, HR, IT, Procurement). Work closely and partner cross-functionally with C-level and senior leadership as well as Global Corporate Communications to build and execute communications strategies.
- Craft compelling, creative and engaging communications strategies to enhance the performance of the organization, and inspire and align employees around TBS's vision and priorities.
- Proactively and reactively update the TBS communications strategy based on continuous measurement, shifting priorities and changes in business needs.
Communications Planning & Execution
- Provide internal and external communications support to the Global Head of TBS and TBS Leadership Team to increase visibility and impact of TBS communications through key events and channels globally and locally (executive notes, key message, media responses on key issues, presentation material, town halls, video content, web/intranet content, organizational announcements among others).
- Strengthen leadership communications capabilities within TBS to increase employees’ understanding of strategy and priories.
- Create, manage and execute communications plans for all initiatives that form the global TBS strategy, clearly demonstrating the link between desired business outcomes and function communications activities.
- Take into account TBS’s growing employee population and demographic to build and implement appropriate communication strategies and tactics.
- Prepare, manage, and deliver change communications projects related to locations, impact of digital on TBS and to support Takeda’s transformation journey and strengthen the focus on the company’s values.
- Build effective channel mix to ensure comprehensive distribution of key messages across Takeda at local and global levels.
- Act as a primary liaison between TBS and Global Internal Communications. Serve as an expert and contributor of TBS messaging to global editorial and content.
- Routinely measure and analyze effectiveness of local and global communications related to TBS portfolio of project and non-project activities, using specific metrics to track progress and insights for continuous improvement.
- Support local communications teams to bring to life TBS messages, ensure global alignment, and strengthen the company’s commitment to values and ethics.
- Act as a trusted resource and develop strong relationships with colleagues at all levels in the TBS team.
- Counsel and advise on cross-business unit / function initiatives in close collaboration with subject matter experts / functions.
- Build a deep understanding of the TBS function, Global Internal Communications, and relevant departments’ objectives and landscapes.
- Continually seek information, including industry trends and regulatory changes and input into how communications can help achieve business objectives.
- Serve as the technical expert in the area of communications.
- Understand market innovations and best practices and bring them to TBS communications, ensuring greater effectiveness of messaging.
- Engage in communications learning networks to circulate communications best practices amongst the Global Internal Communications and business partner communications teams.
- Develop and/or share best practice guidelines to help TBS colleagues hone their communications skills.
Strategic and Engaging Communications
- Outstanding communications consulting skills and proven ability to help internal partners/stakeholders address strategic opportunities and solve problems.
- A skilled communications strategy mindset continuously focused on desired and measurable business outcomes.
- Superb communications content planning and delivery skills in English, with Japanese language skills desirable.
- Strong communications and presentation skills, with demonstrable and consistent professional maturity, confidence and competence.
- Experience in external communications with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to engage with senior leaders and provide strategic counsel and feedback.
- Strong interpersonal and partnering skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships with the ability to lead through influence with internal and external stakeholders across all levels and functions of the organization.
- Coach and develop communications colleagues through sharing knowledge and best practices. Line management experience for the role would be desired.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the pharmaceutical and/or life sciences sector.
- Understanding, acumen and experience of working efficiently across globalized, international structures with varied cultures to supply communications that have a positive and effective impact on a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge of organizational and personal behavior, including experience in communications around effective employee engagement and driving change.
- Solid organizational and time management skills with proven abilities to manage multiple – often complex and sometimes competing – objectives, goals and other priorities to effective and efficient conclusion.
- Able to deal with ambiguity and changeable situations
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Significant experience (minimum 7+ years) in corporate communications with a specialization in advancing internal communications objectives, increasing employee engagement and driving behavior change.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a senior communications role – health care or pharmaceutical industry experience strongly desired but not essential – preferably supporting Corporate function’s communications in multinational companies.
- Experience in supporting shared service / global business services would be beneficial.
- Experience developing, executing and managing communications strategies in complex, multicultural organizations undergoing change.
- Experience providing strategic communications counsel to senior executives.
- Experience in external communication with various stakeholders including media and suppliers
- Experience building and deploying social media strategies to enhance employment brand and reputation in local and global talent markets.
- Managerial experience in corporate communications with the ability to balance a number of programs/projects simultaneously and oversee multiple communications platforms and channels.
- Proven record of building and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships – within teams, across the business, and with senior leaders and external agencies.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with others to identify needs, provide guidance, and create and communicate solutions.
- Lateral thinker capable of addressing business needs in creative ways.
- Experience of utilizing digital technologies to enhance communications initiatives.
- Experience and understanding of multicultural, international businesses.
- Strong writing skills with high attention to detail.
- A pragmatic and flexible approach to personal time management, given that calls/meetings with your stakeholders may take place in different time zones from your own.
- Ability to seamlessly lead strategic planning through to execution and delivery.
- International and domestic travel will be required (approx. 20%)
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0010743