Audit Analytics Associate Director, Internal AuditApply Now Email Me Job ID R0004725 Date posted 10/03/2018 Location:Tokyo, Japan; Osaka, Japan
Audit Analytics Associate Director, PPG, GIAwill work with the Director – Audit Analytics Leader and PPG Head of GIA to assist with developing and executing the GIA audit analytics strategy both globally and within the ASPAC region. The overall purpose of this strategy is to enhance the depth and efficiency of the audits utilizing advanced analytics. This position will include assisting with the discovery and coordination of accurate and complete data sources for use by the analytics team; the design and implementation of an analytics architecture to handle current and future needs; the identification and coordination of analytics tools and techniques to be used by the team; and the development and roll-out of a consistent global analytics approach with consideration to the future growth of the team.
On a daily basis, this role will be the primary contact for audit analytics for the GIA teams in Japan & Singapore, as well as an additional point of contact globally. They will be responsible for increasing awareness and enthusiasm around the use of analytics across the global audit team through their interactions with the team members and the delivery of timely, accurate, and efficient analyses in support of the audits. They will work with the auditors to scope out analytics needs, identify the necessary data, design and implement the best analytics to address the identified risks, and deliver the results of the analyses to the audit teams. This role will assist with the quality review of analytics work and documentation performed by other auditors, co-source partners, and other potential external resources. They will be a lead contact for the global DA Champions network to assist in building up analytics capabilities within GIA.
They will build and manage relationships within the business as well to better understand data requirements and organizational risk, as well as champion the use of analytics by GIA partners.
They will work with the Director – Audit Analytics Leader to use their knowledge of advanced analytics techniques to identify opportunities to move GIA beyond its current capabilities with new and more effective analytics solutions that will allow the team to meet its objectives more efficiently.
This position will manage and execute audit analytics projects as well as carry out its other responsibilities by:
- Supporting the successful development, coordination, and execution of the audit analytics strategy.
- Supervising and/or performing audit analytics engagements across GIA by working with teams of internal auditors and/or third parties to scope, execute, and deliver analytics projects. This can include defining audit analytics scope, planning budgets, setting timelines and resource needs, and coordinating internal and external team members as the audit analytics subject matter expert to bring the project to a successful conclusion.
- Analyzing, reviewing, and delivering clear, concise audit analytics results; communicating audit analytics results and value-add recommendations to the audit teams.
- Educating non-technical audit colleagues in understanding data risk and controls.
- Working independently to provide appropriate analytics guidance and support to other GIA team members and research new and advanced analytics topics and how they can be applied within GIA.
- Analyzing and identifying risk areas to apply audit analytics that will evaluate the controls in place which mitigate those risks. This will include identifying the necessary data requirements, technology, and key performance/risk indicators to begin the development of a continuous monitoring solution for GIA, potentially using machine learning or other advanced techniques.
- Working with the Director – Audit Analytics Leader and GIA management to develop analytics standard practices to support the annual risk assessment and Audit Plan.
- Supporting Takeda Group Internal Audit teams in Japan/Singapore, Zurich, and Deerfield on an as-needed basis for either project-based and/ or operational activities that pertain to global functional consolidated audits.
- Performing ad hoc activities as requested by the Office Heads.
- Exhibiting leadership and conflict management skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
- Building internal relationships across functions to better understand the business and its risks, as well as to help enhance the reputation of the PPG function of GIA.
- Remaining aware of global audit analytics and data risks by maintaining a thorough knowledge and understanding of industry trends and updates; this can be accomplished through consulting with industry counterparts and experts, attending training courses, continuing education, conferences, and reading related literature.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related discipline. Graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive experience in audit, analytics, finance and/or project-based consulting, preferably within Big 4, Industry or combination.
- Strong analytics experience using CAATS and/or Business Intelligence tools, such as ACL, IDEA, SAP Business Objects, Oracle Business Intelligence, or SQL Server.
- Experience with Big Data, unstructured/text analytics, and/or data visualization tools or languages such as Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, Hive, RapidMiner, R, Python, Tableau, Spotfire, or QlikView.
- Strong knowledge of data structures/extraction and implementation of standard business processes (P2P, OTC, Finance functions, master data management) within SAP
- Knowledge of fundamental IT infrastructure requirements necessary to implement advanced audit analytics solutions.
- Strong project management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and skill in managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Self-starter and a team player, ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight schedule with high pressure.
- Be an in-house expert for assigned businesses, applications and an array of analytics techniques in order to maximize the benefit and perspective to audit teams.
- Work with other Subject Matter Experts to provide training/support as needed across GIA.
- Ability to effectively analyze large amounts of transactional audit data.
- Continuously facilitate and improve analytic operations and audit efficiency/effectiveness by soliciting feedback, critically assessing processes, and defining improvement requirements.
- Valid passport with ability to travel internationally.
- Good level of Japanese Language skill
- Experience interpreting reported exceptions from analytics output so that appropriate actions are taken by the audit teams.
- Experience in the development of audit analytics best practices including global regulatory compliance needs, risk management, and/or internal audit organization structures, policies, and procedures.
- Experience in data management covering ETL, data storage (data warehouses/lakes), and architecture design
- Experience with advanced analytics techniques such as machine learning, robotics, AI, natural language processing/generation and analysis of textual/unstructured data
- Experience in leading audit projects across global markets.
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical industry risks and regulatory requirements.
Moderate travel, approximately 30-45%, with some international travel required.