Associate Director or Manager, Distribution & Logistics, Supply Chain Management Department
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Associate Director or Manager, Distribution & Logistics, Supply Chain Management DepartmentApply Now
Takeda is unwavering in our commitment to patients. With the patient at the center of everything we do, we continue to innovate and drive changes that will better their lives - we’re looking for like-minded professionals to join us.
Takeda is the number one pharmaceutical company in Japan and a global industry leader –we are united by our four priorities (Patients, Trust, Reputation, and Business) and our shared values of Takeda-ism: Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. Takeda-ism is more than just a word. It’s a belief and a mindset which guides our decisions, behaviors, and interactions. It’s how we strive to work and live, every day.
Supply Chain Management Department is playing a key role in the supply planning for a stable supply positioning between the manufacturing sites and the sales function.
DL&CS(Distribution, Logistics & Customer Services) is responsible for providing our products to Wholesalers nationwide in the efficient ways with excellent GDP management in cooperation with related stakeholders.
- Stabilize Japan product supply to the customers by supporting Distribution, Logistics & Customer Services Lead
- Report and share serious issue regarding Logistics and Customer Services to upper management of Distribution, Logistics and Customer Services and Supply Chain Management
- Provide excellent supply chain service to customers
- Provide strategic vision and definition for short and long term logistics initiatives to align with corporate business objectives
- Manage the 3PL company to establish End to End (from raw material to Wholesaler/ hospital) supply chain
- Manage supply chain key performance metrics, such as CSL (E) for Japan, inventory amount (or DIO) at Japan DCs and logistics KPI
- Continuously evaluate environmental, legislative, compliance, customs and internal factors, which will potentially impact Takeda’s supply chain
Create and implement Supply Chain Management Department annual & mid-range plan (MRP) and mid-year commitment (MYC) with Head of Supply Chain Management
- Ensure alignment between other Supply Chain, Commercial and cross functional stakeholders
- Support the global Carbon Footprint reduction programs
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- In-depth knowledge of Transportation, Warehousing and shipping solutions
- Experience for managing 3PL in the pharmaceutical industry is a must
- Understanding of GDP regulations
- Supply Chain Certifications preferred, CSCP, CPIM or other
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated through successful work with others in high-pressure situations to accomplish important results
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade others at every level to accomplish challenging tasks
- Highly proficient both in business level English and Japanese
Allowances: Commutation, Housing, Overtime Work etc.
Salary Increase: Annually
Bonus Payment: Twice a year
Working Hours: Headquarters (Osaka/ Tokyo) 9:00-17:30, Production Sites (Osaka/ Yamaguchi) 8:00-16:45, Research Site (Kanagawa) 9:00-17:45
Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, May Day, Year-End Holidays etc. (approx. 123 days in a year)
Paid Leaves: Annual Paid Leave, Special Paid Leave, Refresh Leave, Maternity Leave, Childcare Leave, Family Nursing Leave, Philanthropy Leave.
Flexible Work Styles: Flextime, Telework
Click here to find outTakeda’s Diversity & Inclusion
Empowering Our People to Shine
Job ID R0022002