Associate Director, Capital MarketsApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0016987 Date posted 02/19/2020 Location: Tokyo, Japan
The Associate Director, Capital Markets role is a key finance role in the global treasury team that provides exposure to all aspects of long-term debt and equity financing. As Associate Director, you will report to the Assistant Treasurer who leads the Capital Markets team and will be responsible for providing the Group with appropriate long and short-term financing facilities and solutions in parallel with building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders as you demonstrate your vast knowledge and experience in the Capital Markets area.
Key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Maintenance of close bank, bond trustee and rating agency relationships to facilitate strong business ratings and the efficient introduction of new facilities;
- Project management of debt issuances from inception to funding to ensure that all milestones and workstreams are delivered in an efficient and effective manner;
- Management of the Group’s financing facility legal documents and evolution of same to ensure that they contain consistent and acceptable parameters;
- Active engagement with the support teams to the Business Review Committee (BRC) and Board of Director (BOD) executives to ensure that the requisite approval documents and presentations are submitted on a timely basis and that key approval deadlines are delivered on;
- Monitoring of overall debt levels to ensure compliance with established covenant parameters and communication of same to relevant stakeholders;
- Preparation and presentation of debt outlook, interest cost and facility covenant forecasts and strategies;
- Provision of decision support to management across the Group, including Investor Relations, Finance and Legal teams;
- Management of the American Depository Receipts (ADR) program for Takeda;
- Ensuring that appropriate financial and treasury control systems are in place across the Group; and
- Assisting in the delivery of business acquisition and disposal projects as needed.
Requirements for this Role:
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, CPA, CIMA or ACCA) or corporate treasurer (ACT) or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of ten years relevant corporate treasury experience preferably gained in industry;
- Have strong analytical, complex financial modelling, technical accounting and financial interpretation skills;
- Be knowledgeable of financing facility legal documents and clauses, be commercially astute and be a strong business negotiator;
- Have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word at an intermediate level; and
- Be fluent in Japanese and proficient in English given the global nature of the business and its many stakeholders.