Head of Finance - Takeda Thousand Oaks
Thousand Oaks, California
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Finance - Takeda Thousand OaksApply Now
Takeda is a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter Future to people worldwide. Our passion and pursuit of potentially life-changing treatments for patients are deeply rooted in over 230 years of distinguished history in Japan.
“Every vial has a name” is a core value at our Thousand Oaks CA campus, a multiproduct facility with over 20 years of operational expertise has an excellent opportunity for a high performing Head of Finance. The selected candidate must provide thought leadership and demonstrated ability to coach and influence at the executive level and across the broader organization. In addition, the selected candidate must have a proven track record of ensuring safety, quality, delivery and cost are achieved in support of the business strategy.
This role will be the Head of Finance for our Thousand Oaks,CA biologics manufacturing site:
- The overall responsibility for this role will be to fully develop and maintain all aspects of the financial management and reporting systems while working together with your site business partners to provide financial insight and.
- Responsible for all accounting and budget functions of a large plant or multi-division/product/process plant.
- Provides proactive decision support to Plant Senior Management Team.
- Provides accurate and timely control data and financial data, reflecting operations of the plant and financial position.
- Determination and application of adequate internal control measures.
- Comply with regulatory requirements established by Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.T
- This is a critical role within the site leadership team, helping to create value for our patients.
- Owns the monthly financial review processes with reporting, analysis of variances and action planning.
- Works with your internal customers to understand their reporting needs and deliver clear financial reports and in process KPI’s that allows teams to proactively deliver their team goals.
- Review and approve project controls reporting
- Provide transparency and reporting of risk and contingency.
- Develop the 5 year financial plan (LRP) for the site for operations to include product volumes material costs, and Overhead
- Develop in depth understanding of financial systems being used and how it affects financial reporting.
- Establish and manage the Internal Control Platform working with corporate accounting, Global Business Services and internal audit ensuring all corporate governance standards ( e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley) , local regulatory requirements and corporate finance and accounting policies, practices and procedures are met.
- Lead execution of financial planning process, budget, quarterly forecasts, long range plan across the organization
- Finance Lead is responsible for meeting targeted site and Technical Operations Finance objectives, ensuring department objectives are aligned, translated to all and visually managed to drive efficiency.
- Drive the capital policy, evaluate new capital requirements and participate to the project prioritization.
- Sustained performance through lean leadership, robust learning and development planning, organization talent reviews and communication planning.
- Create an environment of right first time in everything that we do through a focus on principles of lean, including simplification, standard work, visual management and a learning organization.
- Responsible for timely updates of site achievements and challenges. Actively working cross functionally to maintain a highly effective and productive end to end approach across our business.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with legal, EHS and all Shire policies and procedures which are applicable to the site.
- Be an ambassador for the Shire leadership behaviors of accountability, be positive, results driven and excellent manager of self and others.
- Role model the behaviors that creates a culture of respect and dignity in line with the Shire Guide of ethical conduct.
- Strong Talent Developer with a focus on creating a continuous learning organization through active coaching.
- Effective communicator with a proven ability to grow talent and future leaders.
- Change agent who will support the organization with good change management tools and techniques.
- Ability to translate the vision and goals of the company and site to the Finance team.
- Ability to challenge the status quo with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Promoting a culture where diversity and inclusion is part of the DNA.
- Enterprise mindset to ensure the right prioritization for the site.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- For continuous improvement collaborates with Business Excellence peers across the Plasma business unit in Shire and through external forums to drive business excellence across the site and champion business case development to support prioritization of highest value to the patient.
- Excellent influencing/collaboration skills and teamwork mindset.
- Proven ability in using a wide variety of lean tools and building capability within teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or accounting. A post-graduate qualification (MSc., PhD or MBA) is desired.
- At least 12 years operational finance experience in a manufacturing operations (biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical Devices)
- Proven people leader with demonstrated ability to develop and grow capability in individuals and teams. Minimum 10 years of management experience.
- Strong analytical skills with working knowledge of GAAP accounting principles.
- Strong working knowledge of financial and non-financial metrics and product costing.
- May be required to travel for business reasons, e.g. training and meetings
- Pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0043664