Ethics & Compliance Officer, TaiwanApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0022057 Date posted 08/21/2020 Location: Taipei, Taiwan
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realise their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world. Our Mission is to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine in our four core therapy areas of Oncology, Gastroenterology (GI), Rare Diseases and Neuroscience, plus Plasma-Derived Therapies (PDT) and Vaccines.
Discover more at www.takeda.com.
The Ethics & Compliance Officer, Taiwan will be responsible for implementing and overseeing Takeda's Ethics & Compliance program and strategy across Takeda Taiwan, and for partnering with and providing compliance counseling to the Takeda Taiwan Leadership Team on a wide range of matters related (but not limited) to enterprise risk assessment, anti-corruption, pharmaceutical industry codes and standards, and local legal requirements to contribute to the growth of the organization.
- Prepare, review, maintain and update corporate policies and procedures in accordance with global/regional standards, local applicable laws, regulations and industry codes.
- Evaluate the risk of corruption in business practices to determine priority areas for policies, communication, training and auditing.
- Periodically review and monitor anti-corruption internal controls, company policies, systems and procedures applicable to the region. If found non-existent or deficient, implement remedial action to mitigate risk of corruption, and advise Leadership Team regarding the requisite steps to bridge the gaps (i.e. by training / refresher courses).
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to develop and implement the local compliance campaign to preserve and strengthen the values of Takeda-ism and Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business.
- Act as an independent and objective advisor to provide information and recommendations on ethics and compliance matters to the Taiwan Leadership Team and employees. This includes advising the business on how policies align with real world situations.
- Develop, implement and maintain the third party management program to provide a robust and comprehensive approach and guidance for the engagement of business partners, including but not limited to the compliance due diligence program, third party anti-corruption training and audit plan.
- Maintain and run local Risk, Ethics and Compliance Committee; provide enterprise risk assessment and compliance reports on a regular basis, or as necessary, to keep the Taiwan Leadership Team and regional Ethics & Compliance informed of the changes to local regulations and industry code, the operation of compliance programs and actual/potential risks or issues.
- Provide appropriate coaching and direction to team member to ensure smooth operations of Ethics & Compliance activities, including (but not limited to) training and promotional material review.
Education and Experience
- BS/MS degree.
- At least 8-10 years of work experience in Compliance or Legal, or partnering closely with Compliance.
- Familiarity working in a highly regulated industry with dynamic and complex regulatory framework.
- Well-rounded, balanced characteristics to work with multiple departments / functions and effectively manage key stakeholders locally and above country.
- Solutions-orientated mindset and ability to think strategically and with agility.
- Keen and sensitive to confidentiality and relationships in the company, as well as external parties, to make fair analyses.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, self-starter and problem-solving mindset.
- Native Mandarin-speaker with fluency in written and verbal English communication.
- Familiar with the healthcare industry, preferably in pharmaceutical.