Financial Controller, Oceania ClusterApply NowEmail Me Job ID R0017329 Date posted 02/26/2020 Location: Sydney, Australia
Purpose of Role:
Managing day-to-day finance operations of the Takeda Oceania Cluster across Australia and New Zealand (including all legal entities under these countries), ensuring all finance processes are robust and the control environment is sufficiently strong to meet internal and external / statutory reporting and tax compliance requirements.
- Lead financial reporting function by maintaining the integrity of the Company's Australia and New Zealand legal entity financial records and ensuring all internal and external financial reporting timelines are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accurate records for legal entities are maintained in line with Global Finance policies, all recognized accounting standards and compliance with local laws and regulations, especially around Tax, Accounting and Pharmaceutical activity.
- Maintain and develop effective systems of internal accounting controls to ensure reported financial information is compliant, accurate and timely.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of the annual Statutory Accounts in accordance with local regulations.
- Timely and accurate close of monthly / quarterly / year-end results.
- Effectively manage all internal and external financial and operational audits.
- Manage the day-to-day finance operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, employee expense reimbursement, company credit card, etc.
- Ensure all tax compliance requirements are met.
- Lead and develop the team at all levels.
- Provide finance support on various projects such as system implementation, policies and processes changes.
- Responsible for the integrity of the financial records of the Australia and New Zealand business.
- Defines and maintains the financial controls processes and framework to safeguard the assets of the business.
- Responsible for all internal and external financial reporting requirements.
Qualified Accountant with minimum 7 years PQE in required.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including US GAAP, IFRS, SOX standards.
- Sound understanding of effective financial controls framework.
- Track record of working in senior finance role requiring strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience of leading a team and operating in a multinational environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Team management and leadership capability.
- Strong communications skills.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Ability to make decisions and propose solutions to strengthen the financial controls within the business processes.
- Regular engagement with internal stakeholders both in country and above country.
- Engagement with external stakeholders such as external auditors, external tax advisors, external legal counsel, etc.
- Design finance processes to optimize efficiency and controls effectiveness.
- Ability to operate under different business models and complex business structure.