Ethics & Compliance Manager, Oceania Cluster (1 Year Contract)Apply Now Email Me Job ID R0013711 Date posted 11/15/2019 Location: Sydney, Australia
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behaviour plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025.
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behavior in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to:
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BU / BF to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda.
Supporting the Oceania Head of Ethics and Compliance to:
- Ensure delivery of Ethics and Compliance support across the Oceania cluster (Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Rim countries)
- Guide the business in shaping the organizational mindset around the PTRB (Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business)-Model to firmly embed ethical decision-making principles
- Act as a Cluster business partner providing advice and support on ethics & compliance matters
- Lead the preparation of Medicines Australia transparency reports
- Provide Ethics and Compliance input into development of an Event review and approval system, including transparency reporting functionality
- Lead the local monitoring program and preparation of monitoring reports
- Design, implement and enhance standards, procedures, controls and guidance
- Develop and deliver training
- Manage COC Ambassador network (recruit inspire, motivate COC Ambassadors) for the Oceania cluster
- Assist with the operation of the LOC Ethics and Compliance Committee, including preparation of papers and meeting minutes
- Support and coordinate Risk Management (incl. Risk Assessment Mitigation and reporting)
- Assist with the preparation of responses to Medicines Australia Code Monitoring Committee requests and/or Code complaints.
Working with APAC, GEM and Global Ethics and Compliance to:
- Provide reports and metrics on the Cluster E&C program, as required;
- Implement E&C policies and procedures in accordance with any additional local requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, relevant advanced degree is preferred
- Proven experience in healthcare ethics & compliance or in another highly regulated industry (minimum of 7 years)
- Professional development in compliance, governance would be highly regarded
- Experience in working in emerging markets across different cultures, regulatory and legal frameworks.
- Experience in data analysis
- Strong business acumen and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of key laws, regulations and industry best practice standards
- Experience in managing potential, present and future compliance risks related to the business, including risk identification, controls & risk mitigation of potential non-compliance
- Experience in using ethical decision making.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)