Patient Advocacy LeadApply Now Email Me Job ID SR0045750 Date posted 02/07/2020 Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Lead strategy development on patient advocacy for Takeda Sweden as well as disease specific strategies together with Public Affairs and Communication and the cross-functional Core-Team in all core therapeutic areas.
- Lead external engagement with 6-8 prioritized patient advocacy organizations.
- Secure governance models are in place for Takedas’ collaboration with patient advocacy organizations and coordinate with Nordic Patient Advocacy Lead colleagues.
- Secure development and implementation of external and internal collaborations that address patient needs through innovative partnerships that advance patient goals.
- Support Takeda’s corporate philosophy and strategy to focus on improving patient outcomes.
- Build solid understanding of prioritized therapeutic areas and collaborate with cross-functional team colleagues in building and driving Patient Advocacy strategies.
- Build strong relationships with key patient organizations by understanding their needs and develop and drive strategies and programs that will support them in achieving their objectives.
- Bring the patient voice to all internal Takeda functions (market access, medical affairs, marketing teams etc.) to allow colleagues from all functions to understand and embed the patient perspective in their decisions.
- Ensure that all Takeda interactions with patient organizations are in full compliance with laws and regulations and reflect Takeda ethical principles and corporate philosophy.
- Ensure prioritization and coordination of Patient Advocacy programs and projects across the different Takeda business units, identifying synergies and enabling cross-functional team cooperation between the Nordic countries, (as well as with EUCan & Global Patient Advocacy teams).
- Manage internal coordination & Takeda´s external participation in national patient organization conferences within Sweden and if relevant outside Sweden.
- Lead on ensuring smooth processes are in place for national grant applications and approvals in cooperation with relevant internal groups.
Strategic Enterprise Thinking
- Demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking by anticipating the evolution of the overall economic and political environment and how this may impact patient organizations and individual patients.
- Understand the needs of the patient organizations and anticipate ways to support them in alignment with Takeda strategies.
- Understand the specialty pharma business model and identify the areas / opportunities where the patient voice needs to be heard in order to inform business strategy in an impactful manner.
- Articulate the patient voice in a way that can be understood and trusted within a corporate environment.
- Develop and grow relationships with external stakeholders (key patient advocacy organisations, policy groups and other NGOs and organizations active in the area of health policy) and internal stakeholders.
- Embed effective stakeholder management strategies within the organization and maintain regular communication to bridge strategy gaps and allow for effective execution of plans in ways that meet patient needs and improve patient outcomes.
- Represent the identity of Takeda internally & externally in line with the global positioning and Takeda´s values, mission and vision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Reflective listener with high degree of empathy and ability to deal with strong emotions.
- High degree of self-awareness.
- Strong project management skills and ability to thrive as organizer.
- Strong understanding of the NGO environment and in particular the patient groups’ strategic imperatives and needs; understand the culture and decision drivers of patient organizations.
- Understanding of the specialty pharma business model and the overall healthcare environment as well as Danish Health Care system.
- Ability to be an efficient ‘translator’ between the NGO world and the corporate world; bring the patient voice within the organization in a credible and effective manner.
- Ability to influence without authority and support the patient groups and other policy groups achieve their objectives in the best interest of patients and the society at large.
- Strong communicator with the ability to adjust communication to the audience, reflective listening and high degree of self-awareness ensuring understanding and comprehend communication from others.
- Ability to lead and collaborate within, cross-functional teams to successfully execute strategies & initiatives.
Experience Assessment Criteria
- Previous relevant experience with patient advocacy; either from pharmaceutical or medical device company or from working with/for an NGO, or within a Corporate Social Responsibility function.
- University degree at bachelor level or higher, preferably within health sciences.
- Experience from pharmaceutical or medical device organizations.
- Innovative thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proven ability to build credibility within an organization; stakeholder management and collaborative leadership experience.
- Ability to influence without authority.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.