Senior Finance Business PartnerApply Now Email Me Job ID R0010416 Date posted 08/20/2019 Location: Solna, Sweden; Stockholm, Sweden
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Senior Finance Business Partner at our Swedish office in Stockholm.
****PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS BASED IN CENTRAL STOCKHOLM
- Deliver performance objectives in line with Takeda’s Patient, Trust, Reputation, Business (PTRB) priorities, support relevant resource allocation and support leadership initiatives to achieve these
- Ensure high data quality of financial information and safeguard transparency during strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Monitor and provide early warnings of operational and financial KPIs to Finance Director and leadership
- Support management team and participate in Strategic, Investment, Budget and Planning decisions through a deep understanding of business drivers risks and opportunities.
- Have knowledge of relevant business-related matters (e.g. tender and pricing, product launches)
- Support cross-functional teams with financial information and ensure two-way communication for topics relevant for Finance
- Ensure compliance to financial and local requirements, ensure robust system of Internal Controls and Risk Management is in place, accountable for external audit outcomes.
- Conduct regular reviews with Business and Franchises to understand what the drives the figures business, act as a challenger and partner internally to maximize business success
- Assume Finance Business Partner ownership of several of the Swedish Business Units and act as “right hand” to the Business Unit Director
- Act the “right hand” to the Swedish Finance Director when it comes to preparing for Business Reviews, Town-halls, and other presentations
- Act main contact person to EUCAN (Region Europe & Canada) FP&A Finance team, ensure on-time with quality submissions
- Be an active team member in regular balance sheet review meetings - balance sheet reconciliation/justifications delivered by region / BU
- Prepare supporting documentation and prepare JVs for monthly sales- and cost accruals
- Be responsible for ensuring high PO adoption rate, monitor and do the right follow ups in the PO system
- Closely monitor and regularly follow up OPEX activity spend with budget holders, and adjust forecast when needed
- Maintain knowledge about Financial matters in relation with the Local Organization
- Actively support performance and resource (re)allocation topics to drive returns, ask questions and support action points to drive improvements in local organization’s financials (BS and P&L)
- Establish network to the business in the country, providing high quality financial information to internal stakeholders (e.g. General Manager, Finance Director, Business Unit Directors, Medical Product Managers, Sales teams, Customer Excellence, Market Access, Supply Chain, HR, etc.).
- Support preparation and analysis of P&L and balance sheet accounts of Management units
- Lead the preparation, consolidation and reporting of the annual budgets, long-range plans, mid-year commitments and forecasts. Support the functional and divisional heads in the target preparation
- Prepare high quality ad-hoc analysis and support in the preparation of business cases
- Ensure cost center structure fits organizational and reporting requirements including product allocation, while closely monitoring Takeda´s cost packages and External Spend
- Support Finance Director in establishing the right performance guidelines and targets for each Business Unit to be integrated in the budget, mid-term and long-term plans and product launches
- Support the implementation and monitor the organization’s operational and financial objectives and strategies to meet targets agreed. Propose and follow-up on KPIs - for example, profitability per BU / customer/ product
- Support an environment and culture of continuous improvement of financial systems and processes to provide most accurate and effective financial information to enable delivery of business commitments
- Prepare and continuously improve tools for analysis, forecast and simulation specific to each area and in consistency. This includes the analysis of historical trends for revenues including price and volume effect, gross-profit, costs, business-related KPIs (e.g. patient numbers, market share), assets & liabilities and free cash flow items following the rules and standards of Takeda
- Prepare the financial analysis of investments proposed by BUs or functions
- Support contract negotiations with customers. These are typically large and complex service contracts with sophisticated payment schemes depending on the operational model e.g., distribution agreements
- Support preparation of all relevant performance reports for the Country Manager monthly. This includes comprehensive analysis of performance in comparison with past, budget and midterm plan objectives
- Ensures Finance policies and procedures are in line with local laws and regulations as well as compliant with Takeda SOPs
- Proactively liaise with Supply Chain to monitor open orders to customers and early flagging of potential stockout risks by the team. Inform local management and relevant internal stakeholders accordingly
- Ensure to support global and regional Finance projects and implementation of new policies, systems and processes in accordance with requirements and timelines from Corporate project teams.
- Support and be an active team member during month-end closing, in particular related to Revenues and OPEX accruals and closing checklist tasks
- Prepare and conduct Finance for non-Finance trainings
SKILLS and LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Strong Business Partnering with the ability to challenge performance, drive robust business discussions through sound financial analysis, questioning and problem-solving mindset, engage and influencing skills at LOC leadership level
- Extensive Finance and Accounting expertise to ensure financial compliance (SOX) and drive process improvements in Finance
- Very strong strategic and analytical thinking with thorough understanding of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and be able to draw key insights from financial information
- Ability to work independently and proactively initiate process improvements and change process
- Cross-functional team player – ability to foster good working relations and collaboration with business and Finance colleagues
- Good understanding and curiosity / passion to learn about the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially in delivering difficult messages in a constructive and fact-based manner
- Influencing without authority – Ability to influence and align decisions of business even without having the direct reporting line to the colleague
- Structured ways of working with strong commitment to deadlines and high-quality end products
- Perform well in ambiguous situations / support decision-taking without having complete picture in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to translate guidance from management into activities and results
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
- Sound Finance fundamentals: Controlling experience, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Accounting experience in a dynamic and multinational environment
- Minimum experience 3-4 years working experience in role with similar complexity
- University Degree in Business Administration/Finance, and preferably but not required a Finance qualification (ACA, CFA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA)
- English and preferably Swedish fluency
- Robust computer and software skills, especially within Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP, HFM/Hyperion and Business Warehouse experience are an advantage
- Experience in process improvements and change management are an advantage
- Experience in the Pharma industry is an advantage
L-Shire - Sweden - Stockholm