Director, Integrated Care and Patient Support ProgramsApply Now Email Me Job ID R0010001 Date posted 08/22/2019 Location: Solna, Sweden; Taastrup, Denmark; Asker, Norway; Helsinki, Finland
LEAD INTEGRATED CARE & PATIENT SUPPORT PROGRAMS
- Lead and drive excellence in patient support programs (PSP), across all therapeutic areas and all 4 countries within the Nordic region in order to support Takeda´s ambition to be the leading patient centric company in rare diseases, highly specialized conditions and specialty care
- Lead the creation, implementation and further development of Integrated Care Solutions (ICS) as an important part of strategic direction, aiming to develop holistic, innovative digital solutions that integrate care and facilitate improvement of patient outcomes and remote care across therapeutic areas
- Lead the implementation of diagnostic tests and services that facilitate access to early diagnosis, care and welfare for patients and their care givers
- Lead the transformation and implementation of PSP and ICS competency and leadership across the Nordics and coordinates internal and external communication to raise awareness about PSP & ICS in close collaboration with local functions (esp. Medical, PV, Compliance, PVA) and regional/global colleagues
- Identify and act on strategic opportunities that can help differentiate Takeda as a leading patient centric company to provide solutions that are considered value added services for patients, payers and societies and contribute to a more patient focused and integrated health care
- Assess and monitor impact and execution of current PSP, ICS and diagnostic innovation
- Map need for and develop & implement new best-in-class PSP, ICS and diagnostic innovation across all therapeutic areas in alignment with internal and external local and global partners.
- Assess and monitor the relevant legal, regulatory and Compliance environment. Work with Compliance, Legal and Regulatory to adhere to obligations.
- Manage PSP, ICS and diagnostic providers, ensure quality delivery and manage associated budget.
- Share best-practices with local and international teams.
- Identify opportunities for geographic expansion of PSP, ICS and diagnostics across countries.
- Identify opportunities and develop strategy on how to work with internal & external stakeholders across sectors to advance PSP, ICS and diagnostic innovations enabling integrated care at home through digital monitoring and supervision.
- Active and strategic support to internal & external activities to raise awareness and position Takeda in the Nordics as the leading patient centric company that provides critical and compliant patient support and integrated care solutions that contribute to a more patient focused and integrated health care.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Highly independent and collaborative key role that develops, advances and monitors impactful and compliant PSP, ICS and diagnostic solution programs across all therapeutic areas and Nordic countries to ensure best-in-class solutions that empower patients, make them an active of partner in their treatment, improve health outcomes and efficiencies
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Identify digital and patient support trends and evolving technologies and align them with strategic objectives to create new and innovative solutions; includes Health Care & Life sciences as well as other industries
- Deep insights into digital environment at large, and some understanding of digital within Health & Pharma; maintains insight on emerging trends, capabilities and stakeholder preferences
- Provide opinions on key opportunities based on horizon scanning and competitive intelligence
- Develop and communicate forward-thinking digital PSP and ICS and best practices to all internal functions that internal and external stakeholders to advance patient centric and integrated care
- Support and take active role in the development and implementation of the Innovation Beyond Medicines strategy in line with Takeda´s ambition to transform healthcare
- Demonstrate strategic enterprise thinking and use broad understanding of social and digital trends, the healthcare ecosystem, and the pharma to drive innovative patient support and integrated care solutions that significantly impact patients and customers
- Lead successful set-up, implementation and achievement of Takeda´s PSP and ICS strategy, tactical objectives and milestones
- Strong understanding of local patient and customer needs and closely monitor environmental changes and activities with ability to translate these into best-in-class PSP and ICSs
- Anticipate and capitalize on stakeholders’ market trends and identifies actions to strengthen Takeda´s position as a leader in patient centric and integrated care.
- Develop strategic partnerships and enhance co-creation mindset to build PSPs and ICSs together with our stakeholders.
- Achieve the above through effective liaising, networking and working relationships with cross-functional local teams as well as with EUCAN region
- Create the environment that inspires and enables people to collaborate, elevate their capabilities and move the organization forward as a leader in patient centric and integrated healthcare
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Responsible for managing external relations of high importance to the company and for executing activities in a complex environment under increased scrutiny. Works under general direction, but will need to take independent decisions related to strategic direction and execution of projects securing high level of compliance.
- Report to Head of CoE Innovation Beyond Medicine
- Internal and external job contacts include Takeda counterparts, project team members, cross functional teams, senior management, company consultants, vendors, start-ups and other cooperation partners.
- Develop and maintain strong, effective and constructive team relationships (agency, specialists and their associations, advisory groups) and external networks by taking a leadership role in the communication and liaison between all pertinent external customers
- Ensure effective communication with all relevant internal and external key stakeholders
- Identify and raise relevant issues, and propose potential solutions, through the appropriate internal and external channels
- High level of innovative skills to develop unique patient support and integrated care solutions
- Proactively use and continuously advance broad understanding of social and digital trends and the healthcare ecosystem to drive innovative patient-centric and integrated care solutions that significantly impact patients
- High level of complexity managing PSPs and ICSs across therapeutic areas and Nordic LOCs in close collaboration with cross-functional teams and diverse internal and external stakeholders and partners with different maturity and way of working
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Patient-centric mindset
- Degree in related field, i.e. health sciences, Medical diploma (nurse, clinical officer etc.) a plus
- Several (> 3) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related Health Care organizations or public health institutions
- Proven hands-on experience with the design and implementation of patient support programs or integrated care solutions
- Strong understanding of the patient service environment
- Knowledge of industry code of conduct and relevant legislations for interaction with patients
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent written and spoken English; Knowledge of any local Nordic language is an asset
- Strong enthusiasm with a drive to succeed and the ability to work independently
- Strong experience & ability to lead or collaborate within a matrix environment and to facilitate cross-functional information sharing and team work in order to successfully execute strategies & initiatives
- Creates an open collaborative environment of continuous learning & improvement
- Ability to establish and drive multiple projects which require strategic thinking, practical solutions, the ability to work under pressure and a high level of organizational talent
- Results driven. Quickly resolve issues. Ability to prioritize and make decisions to ensure efficient use of resources and address critical issues impacting the programs
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Proactive; supports strategic priority; sense of urgency; can do attitude; sound judgment; able to work with minimal supervision in a pressurized environment; effectively manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Asker, Norway, DNK - Taastrup, Solna, Sweden