Utilities Automation Sr Engineer II
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Utilities Automation Sr Engineer IIApply Now
The position will provide operational and project support for the Utilities Automation infrastructure. It may be required to participate in a rotating after-hour process control support function. The position requires that the engineer become familiar with the manufacturing process, utilities generation or operations. Support capital and continues improvement (CI) projects involving PLC and distributed Control Systems- with software changes adhering to change control requirements. The position requires supporting the following utilities automation system implemented on the following vendor platforms Allen Bradley / Rockwell (Logix family PLC’s, FactoryTalk, RSview, etc.), Honeywell Controllers HC900 and EBI SCADA, OSI-PI plant historian, reporting tools, Control System network (Cisco communication devices) and others.
- Work independently with minimal supervision to execute all facets of projects.
- Expected to make suggestions on improvements based on supporting data, technical knowledge, engineering principles and current industry practices.
- Manage or support Automation components medium to large capital project with minimal assistance.
- Lead the planning and execution automation components for medium and large capital projects.by working in cross-functional teams as the Engineering lead/representative for the utilities automation area
- Define project scopes, prepare cost estimates, and provide justification for major capital budget items.
- Manage and control spending of approved project funds.
- Drive projects to completion, timeline and budget objectives.
- Create or update written Stand Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to project assignments.
- Create or update technical support specifications (Design/Functional/System) related to project assignments.
- Supervise contractors and junior level engineering personnel on project and operactional support activities.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement with respect to increasing job knowledge and proficiency related to engineering in the biopharmaceutical industry, as well as technical understanding/problem solving capability.
- Stay current with biopharmaceutical industry best practices and technologies. Evaluate customer problems or requirements and address those thru the system solutions or design.
- Design and implement changes to BAS control systems while adhering to pharmaceutical validation and change control standards.
Troubleshoot and diagnose control system problems.
- Perform event’s investigation related to utilities automation system and implement the corrective and preventive action required to address the event.
Perform and document hardware/software modifications, and system functional specification updates.
Prepare standard operating procedures for new and existing control equipment.
Mentor Utility Automation Engineer on the system functionalities and sequence of operation
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 8+ years, of related automation/controls experience in a GMP pharmaceutical environment is required.
- Strong programming/design “hands-on” experience with Building Automation System (Honeywell, Rockwell, or other) and SCADA systems is required:
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting and using Windows Operating Systems, Networking, virtualization and Databases for Control System Applications
- Experience with data historians (like OSI-PI), MS-SQL and reporting tools are desirable.
- Experience supporting of control systems in the Bio- Pharma industry.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Must have a demonstrated track record of successfully executing automation and control system projects, and supporting operating facility, in a FDA-regulated manufacturing environment.
- Possess knowledge of core principles in various engineering disciplines including manufacturing (i.e.. cell culture/fractionation//purification/aseptic filling/packaging/cGMP facility design), support systems (WFI/RO/clean steam/compressed gases/HVAC) and facility design.
- Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; able to efficiently communicate with cross- functional teams and management on recommended course of action, with minimal assistance.
- Must have proficient computer skills and be experienced using MS Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), MSVisio and MS Project.
- Must have the ability to effectively lead Engineering projects, coordinate contractors, and drive results. Direct experience with manufacturing operations and biotechnology processes is strongly preferred.
- Must possess basic knowledge of core principles in various engineering disciplines (fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics etc.), as well as be experienced applying project management methodology.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers, industrial controllers, instrumentation and controls highly desirable.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must embrace working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional environment.
- Will occasionally work in a cleanroom environment and wear special garments (requires removal of make-up and jewelry).
- Must occasionally wear personal protective equipment (e.g. hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas.
- Will occasionally be exposed to dust, gases, and fumes, moving equipment and machinery.
- Will occasionally work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, caustics, buffers, bleach and celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May occasionally climb ladders and stairs to higher elevations.
- May be required to work weekends, evenings, and off-hours, extended periods of time.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0042168