Sr. Utilities Engineer
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Sr. Utilities EngineerApply Now
The Sr. Utilities Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies. Also, provides support and oversight of operations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and project activities on utility systems with strict adherence to global policies, site procedures, and industry practices at a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Social Circle, GA. The Sr. Engineer will provide technical support to operations, maintenance, manufacturing, automation, quality assurance, validation, reliability engineering, and project engineering with minimal supervision. The position utilizes engineering and management skills to safely resolve process problems, drive efficiencies, reduce waste, and maximize production.
Job Function and Description
- Responsible for the overall equipment lifecycle of manufacturing support systems which includes electrical systems, water purification systems, alcohol distillation systems, compressed air systems, HVAC-R systems, utility systems (chillers, boilers, cooling tower water, etc.), wastewater systems, fire and life safety systems.
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct medium approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
- Review process and support equipment and systems design drawings and documents,
- Support continuously improving utilites operations by proactively identifying and mitigating potential utility systems related production delays, operators interventions, and quality deviations; identify opportunities and deliver projects to increase system uptime, error proof operations, and eliminate waste; perform operational assessments to ensure proper processes, procedures, tools (FMEA,Process modeling, DOE,SPC,etc), and training are in place; and lead site continuous Improvement efforts.
- Collect, analyze, and report data for use by the engineering and operations departments to ensure reliable operation of the utility systems.
- Manage system documentation including creation, review, updates, and approval of technical specifications, operating procedures, and system drawings.
- Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements
- Assist with training and preventative maintenance programs on system equipment.
- Support the planning and execution of projects by working in cross-functional teams as the utilities engineering representative for a specific discipline or area.
- Manage medium-scale projects – create scope of work, risk assessments, justification, cost estimates and implementing purchase order requisitions.
- Assist in driving projects to completion and meet timeline and budget objectives.
- Able to participate and make suggestions for capital planning, spending, and tracking.
- Participate in validation activities.
- Must be familiar with plant and divisional procedures as related to positional and department responsibilities and continuously stay current with assigned training to ensure compliance with quality and safety programs.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement with respect to increasing job knowledge and proficiency related to engineering in the biopharmaceutical industry, as well as technical understanding and problem-solving capability.
- Stay current with biopharmaceutical industry best practices and technologies.
- Actively supporting information sharing and learning between team members.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Supervise and coordinate contractors on projects and activities.
- The Sr Utilites Engineer will be on-call to respond to plant-wide emergencies and manufacturing needs.
- Be able to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with GA state and federal OSHA / EPA regulation and laws.
This job posting excludes CO applicants
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0032970