Sr. Project Manager
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Sr. Project ManagerApply Now
The position will support the ramp up and transition to full production of a new state of the art plasma facility that will bring Takeda additional product capacity for biologic medications.
The Sr. Project Manager (PM), under minimal supervision, will manage projects of small to medium size through the full life cycle of the project to ensure timely delivery; and serves as a champion of Takeda’s Project Management Methodology and associated PMO processes. The Sr. Project Manager (non IT) will be the key contact for the Project Management Office (PMO) team at the Social Circle facility and support project management tool development & maintenance; project & program governance including monitoring and controlling; and assist with annual capital management process. The candidate will need to recognize and promote how project results impact the overall success of the organization and site.
- Ultimately responsible in managing small to medium size projects to meet company needs. Projects may be non-technical or technical in nature.
- Responsible for managing risks, communications, budgets, procurement, timelines, resources, quality and scope in executing projects within the Project Management Methodology
- Ensure projects are implemented within stated goals and timelines.
- Will prepare and/or present data, results and reports to peers, project managers, and management. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- Anticipates and resolves conflict situations in a win-win outcome
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities at a time, using best practices and industry standards
- Able to direct cross-functional teams and manage project deliverables
- The PMO leads and maintains the Takeda Project Portfolio Life Cycle management system (SPOT). As a part of the PMO you will be accountable to ensure adherence to this methodology by all PMs.
- Be an expert in Project Management at the site and within the corporation to ensure PM Methodology is streamlined and PMs are trained in executing within the boundaries of the system.
- As a change agent, works with a cross functional team to develop and deploy new business process and improving existing business processes.
- Will collect data to monitor & report on the progress of project(s); then assembles the preliminary analysis of the data.
- Assesses project or business process issues and communicates /develops resolutions in order to meet objectives, which may include quality, customer satisfaction, productivity and costs.
- Using project management tools develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers and other manufacturing managers.
- Approves team deliverables for project completion and focuses teams on improving project management product quality.
- Experience in conducting training
- May perform other duties as required
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Possess a broad knowledge of business operations (principles, practices and procedures).
- Project management skills required, familiar with PMBOK® and PMI® or other industry PM standards
- Analytical, problem solving and systems understanding required.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment
- team-minded, structured, disciplined and process-minded
- Must have the ability to navigate electronic mail systems and intranet for communication purposes.
- Must display personal accountability for results and integrity.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Ability to influence and think strategically
- Must have relentless focus on rapid and disciplined action.
- Must have uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all.
- Must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction.
- Computer skills and systems knowledge required.
- Software knowledge: Outlook, Microsoft Project, Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint. NetPoint, JD Edwards and Trackwise is a plus
- B.S., 8-12, or MS, 6-10 years of project management experience required. Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech (cGMP) or regulated industry experience preferred.
- PMP® certification preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred
- Travel up to 5% may be required
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0045622