Sr. Electrical Engineer II
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Sr. Electrical Engineer IIApply Now
The Sr Utilities Engineer is responsible for oversight of operational, maintenance and troubleshooting support for the electrical infrastructue, distribution, and emergency power back-up systems with strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and cGMP's in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility at Social Circle, GA. The Engineer will serve as a lead for utilities engineering between operations, maintenance, manufacturing, automation, quality assurance, validation and reliability engineering. This position focuses on developing and improving the electrical safety programs, lead/participate on sustainability and carbon reduction programs.
Job Function and Description
- Collect, analyze and report data for use by the Engineering and Operations department to ensure reliable operation of the electrical distribution system.
- Create plans, perform equipment selection, load calculations and power system studies. Interpret electrical schematics for troubleshooting.
- Participate in validation activities including documentation of IQ/OQ protocols, executions and summary reports.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), technical specifications (Design/Functional/System), Process Changes, CAPAs and P&IDs.
- Periodically review and assist with Short Circuit Coordination Study.
- Manage small-scale capital projects, creating scope of work, risk assessments, justification, cost estimates and implementing purchase order requisitions.
- Able to participate and make suggestions for capital planning, spending, and tracking.
- Support the planning and execution of large sized capital projects by working in cross-functional teams as the Engineering lead/representative for a specific discipline or area.
- Assist in driving projects to completion and meet timeline and budget objectives.
- Must be familiar with plant and divisional SOPs as related to positional and department responsibilities and continuously stay current with assigned SOPs to ensure compliance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- The Utilities Engineer will also be on-call at all times to respond to plant-wide emergencies and manufacturing needs.
- Assist with Training and Preventative Maintenance programs on electrical equipment.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement with respect to increasing job knowledge and proficiency related to engineering in the biopharmaceutical industry, as well as technical understanding/problem solving capability.
- Continuously improving manufacturing operations by reducing manufacturing events, user interventions, and batch record alerts; identifying opportunities and delivering projects to reduce cycle time, error proof operations, and eliminate waste; performing operational assessments to ensure proper processes, procedures, tools, and training are in place; developing Process Unit Team initiatives and leading Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Stay current with biopharmaceutical industry best practices and technologies.
- Actively supporting information sharing and learning between team members.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Supervise/coordinate contractors and junior level engineering personnel on project and activities.
- Be able to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with GA state and federal OSHA / EPA regulation and laws.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering discipline required. 10+ years of related experience with 1+ years as a supervisor preferred.
- Related work experience within a technical or GMP environment is preferred.
- Experience with basic engineering principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of successfully executing engineering projects, and supporting facility issues, in a FDA-regulated manufacturing environment
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; able to efficiently communicate with cross-functional teams and management on recommended course of action, with minimal assistance.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams, exert broad influence, and work as a collaborative team member.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must embrace working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, cross-functional environment.
- Must have proficient computer skills and be experienced using MS Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Training, demonstration, and leadership of concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma quality techniques is preferred.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills are a must.
- Candidate should be able to read and interpret electrical drawings. Candidate must have an extensive knowledge of general electrical design standards, NFPA code requirements and other codes related to design.
- Must have design experience in the following as a minimum: Electrical power distribution (115kV/15kV/480v), Generators, Switchgears, UPS, Inverters, Automatic Transfer Switches, Transformers, Harmonic Filters, Variable Frequency Drives, Motor Control Centers (MCC’s), Motor Starters, Interior and Exterior Lighting and Power Management System.
- Knowledgable in electrical and instrumentation design in hazardous location, security/access control systems, fire alarm and smoke control systems.
- Experience performing Power Systems Studies using analysis software. (SKM Power Tools Preferred).
- Must possess basic knowledge of core principles in various engineering disciplines (fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics etc.)
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team-based environment.
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Display a positive, professional and customer oriented attitude. Must be able to navigate, conduct searches, and fill on line forms on Personal Computer for the purposes of training and performance management applications.
- Must have passion to innovate and drive for solutions. Must display personal accountability for results and integrity.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve. Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing condition in the facility.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be able to work multiples shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays in support of a 24x7 manufacturing operation
- Ability to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (such as hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis (< 5 %)
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails worn in the manufacturing environment
- Will work in cold and wet environment
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0045846