Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Sr. EHS Specialist I
The Sr. EH&S Specialist I will work directly with business units and the EH&S Operational Leadership Team. Specialist will be responsible for partnering with staff from Covington operations/manufacturing and other sites as needed, to promote a strong EHS culture, execute company safety and health policies, and ensure compliance to all applicable local, state, regional and/or federal regulations. This position requires a high degree of flexibility and solid EHS
Responsible to develop, implement and administrate a group of environmental, health, safety policies and programs. Assist in compliance with all federal, regional, state and local environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulations. Perform as the EHS business partner and provide EHS customer support for a department or area of the facility. Follow and implement all ISO 14001 and 45001 management system requirements.
- Assist in the overall development, evaluation, administration and implementation of EHS policies and programs.
- Through collaboration with EHS Manager, assist in the management of site activities, which impact areas of EHS regulatory compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Provide regulatory guidance and administration support on all EHS regulations to impacted groups
- Provide non-routine problem solving for engineering, R&D and manufacturing groups.
- Provide management assistance in implementing ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 certifications and setting goals and targets for all EHS programs having significant impact.
- Provide assistance with pollution prevention and waste minimization activities.
- Provide assistance in the negotiation and development of EHS service contracts.
- Perform and/or assist in IH monitoring.
- Develop and implement comprehensive Core Safety Programs, in partnership and consultation with affected stakeholders
- Lead Safety Committees, develop charters and provide direction and guidance.
- Conduct Instructor-Led training as assigned
- Support construction and maintenance activities from an EHS perspective
- Support Environmental compliance and sustainability programs/initiatives
- Provide technical assessments for all EHS changes and new projects with respect to the programs listed above.
- Lead Risk Assessment initiatives, serve as Subject Matter Expert
- Conduct and/or participate in Ergonomic Assessments, Process Confirmations, Compliance Walks
- Drive continuous Improvement of all assigned programs to reduce the level of risk.
- Provide required, specialized training to company employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or GED plus 6+ years of related experience or bachelors' degree in occupational health and safety, sciences, engineering or related field and 3+ years of related experience. Some leadership experience preferred for supervisory roles. Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Comprehensive working knowledge / understanding of EH&S matters, including related laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement EHS programs.
- Experience in a research laboratory, biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills to plan, prioritize, and execute multiple projects.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain clear, accurate and up-to-date records.
- Experience, ability, and willingness to respond to emergency situations, including working with site leadership to provide advice and direction on behalf of EHS.
- Ability to recognize hazards, drive continuous improvement, and promote practical alternatives for risk reduction and risk control measures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, essential in dealing with people at all levels and in a variety of functions including technical staff, site leaders, hourly personnel and be able to influence and motivate others to quickly achieve results.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across multiple organizational levels.
Other Job Requirements
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 10 pounds routinely and and/or move up to 35 pounds (with assistance) occasionally.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and observing conditions in the facility through walks, inspections and daily customer interactions.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning.
- Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet
EEO Verbiage for US Reqs
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.