Production Engineer I - Albumin & Fractionation
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Production Engineer I - Albumin & FractionationApply Now
Takeda is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The Production Engineer I – Albumin & Fractionation is responsible for on-shift operational support of the Albumin and Fractionation departments in Covington, GA. The Production Engineer I focuses on rapid resolution of manufacturing problems, enabling manufacturing to meet production goals. As a member of the operations team, the Production Engineer I provides on-shift technical knowledge and leadership.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Troubleshoot and provide timely resolution to technical issues in support of ramp-up and steady-state operations of two highly-automated pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities. Scope of support will include:
- Plasma Fractionation and Albumin Purification process anomalies
- Process equipment (vessels, centrifuges, filter presses, UF/DF, robotics, COP washers, CIP skids)
- Distributed Control System (DeltaV) and Process Logic Controllers
- Manufacturing Execution System (Siemens Simatic IT)
- Automation hardware
- In Process Testing lab (pH, conductivity, titration)
- Safety and quality investigations
- Continuously improve manufacturing operations by:
- Reducing manufacturing events, user interventions, and batch record alerts
- Identifying and developing opportunities to reduce cycle time, error proof operations, and eliminate waste
- Performing operational assessments to ensure proper processes, procedures, tools, and training are in place
- Investigating and resolving issues assigned from the departmental issues log
- Supporting Process Unit Team projects and Continuous Improvement efforts
- Actively support information sharing and learning between team members by:
- Lead Knowledge Transfer training with manufacturing staff
- Coach manufacturing staff while partnering with them to resolve technical issues
- Develop troubleshooting guides for common problems
- Share process knowledge with colleagues across shift
- B.S. degree in an engineering or scientific discipline (Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- Related work experience within a technical or GMP environment is preferred
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles in various engineering disciplines
- Ability to solve routine engineering problems with minimal assistance
- Ability to discuss normally encountered technical issues, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Self-driven individual that requires minimal supervision
- Initial training in concepts of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma quality techniques is preferred
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays in support of a 24 x 7 manufacturing operation
- Ability to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (such as hard hats, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs) due to safety requirements in specific areas
- Ability to travel on an infrequent basis (< 5 %)
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0046009