Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Manufacturing Tech 1- Night Shift
The role is responsible for executing all processes in production while strictly adhering to cGMP, environmental health and safety guidelines and any other related regulations which could apply. He/She is expected to fully participate in both departmental projects and any quality working teams which may be applicable. He/She initiates new documents for procedures which are simple
in nature and may also make minor revisions to existing documents. The incumbent can troubleshoot simple existing procedures. He/She may demonstrate procedures as a part of a training session and may schedule department or process activities which could involve coworkers.
- Prepare media and buffer solutions.
- Operate Clean-in-Place (CIP) and Steam-in-Place systems.
- Assemble and operate filtration systems.
- Operate general production equipment (such as pH and conductivity meters, autoclave, portable mixers, etc.).
- Monitor and record critical process parameters.
- Complete all relevant paperwork following GDP/GMP guidelines.
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of production equipment to maintain in GMP fashion.
- Perform sampling using aseptic techniques.
- Participate on Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Receive and distribute supplies into production areas as necessary.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Revise and review pertinent documentation as appropriate.
- Assist in troubleshooting process problems and responding to alarms.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED plus 1+ years of related experience or associates’ degree or higher with no prior experience required.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production equipment including but not limited to: autoclaves, process tanks, incubators, analytical equipment and CIP/SIP systems.
- Incumbent must be proficient in a variety of mathematical disciplines and be able to work with both the metric and USA standards of measurement.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
- Good computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
Other Job Requirements
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs., lift up to 50 lbs., and push/pull > 100 lbs. (with the assistance of material handling equipment).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time over an entire 8 or 12-hour shift.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs while wearing special gowning.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and/or squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
This posting excludes CO applicants.