Maintenance Technician II - Fractionation, Manufacturing
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Maintenance Technician II - Fractionation, ManufacturingApply Now
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting process and electrical equipment that support the manufacturing process areas. Strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), cGMPs, and Quality Standards in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility are mandatory. Primary responsibilities include ensuring safe and efficient hands-on maintenance of manufacturing and utilities systems including but not limited to WFI, RO, vessels, and components such as pumps, fans, valves, etc.
Describe the essential daily job functions and include % of time spent on each.
Job Function and Description
- Inspects, repairs and maintains facility structures and equipment as directed by immediate supervisor and/or as assigned through work orders.
- Support the manufacturing floor by aiding in setting up CIPs, COPs and equipment LOTOs.
- Perform preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance through CMMS system.
- Provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of process systems, equipment and equipment components which include but not limited to: valves, pumps, gearboxes, variable frequency drives, utility skids, cleaning equipment, support equipment (lifts, hoists, doors, carts, etc.)
- All work must be completed in accordance with cGMPs, SOPs, job plans, and company policies.
- Develop, revise, and review related SOPs or job plans/work plans for work related areas.
- Provide input in the development and continuous improvement of the maintenance procedures.
- Assist the maintenance supply team with maintaining an up-to-date working spare parts inventory system for the equipment/systems the team is responsible for.
- Ensure that operational log and work order documentation is completed with accurate information.
- Provide support of start-up of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
- Develop a basic proficiency in one or more advanced maintenance technology and understand how to apply technology to improve equipment reliability (alignment,balancing, thermography, oil analysis, ultrasound, or vibration monitoring).
- Provide support on start-up of equipment after completion of maintenance activities.
- Provide support during calibrations with LOTO or setting up flow path on manufacturing equipment.
- Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
- Attends required training and meetings.
- Other functions may be assigned.
- Typically requires high school diploma or GED. 2+ years of experience.
- Ideal candidate will have a Trade School Certificate, Demonstrated strong mechanical background/experience, electrical background (up to 480VAC) preferred
·Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and writtenform.
·Ability to interact constructively withpeers/teams.
·Ability to seek outside resources asneeded.
·Ability to read and understand schematics and job blueprints.
·Troubleshooting knowledge of miscellaneous equipment and process equipment and utilities (water systems, bulk delivery systems)
·Manufacturing equipment vessels, mixers, valves,pumps.
·Have a basic understanding of control system to assist during troubleshooting.
Understands the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance and Operator Care
·May work in cold, wetenvironment.
·May be exposed to sunlight andheat.
·May be exposed to dust, gases, andfumes.
·May be around moving equipment andmachinery.
·May climb up to and/or into large processing tanks for cleaning orinspection.
May be working in areas requiring hearing protection and/or other protectiveequipment (PPE).
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0054384