Maintenance Planning & Scheduling Manager
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Maintenance Planning & Scheduling ManagerApply Now
The Planner/Scheduler Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseen the maintenance planning and scheduling activities at Takeda Covington Ga. The manager will support the planning/scheduling team through effective communication, guidance and issues resolution over escalation to management as needed. The manager is responsible to continuous improve the planning and scheduling process and ensure the team possess the adequate scheduling and planning tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support as necessary during maintenance scheduling activities.
- Provide planning for corrective (non-emergency), preventive, predictive and proactive maintenance activities and calibrations for the Manufacturing areas. Planning includes developing and clarifying the scope of work, coordinating the manufacturing windows, evaluating the resource and load balancing and the spare parts (stock and non-stock materials).
- Develop a weekly schedule for Maintenance Technicians. Organize the planned maintenance work schedule to optimize for time.
- Develop standards for repetitive jobs, historical job estimates and track craft/crew back logs.
- Create and maintain the Calendar to manage all PM’s over one year cycle
- Responsible for the Shutdown (planned outage) schedule and coordinating with department personnel and production areas
- Engage others by communicating with impact, encourage teamwork through collaboration, drive for results by ensuring accountability, establish strategic approach by clarifying what matters most, lead change through continuous improvement, demonstrate self-awareness by enhancing personal leadership, develop capabilities by growing talent
- Work proactively with other functional areas (Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, etc) to prioritize business needs and maintenance requirements.
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively lead cross-functional meetings and effectively engage management.
- Strong CMMS background (JDE preferred)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office.
- Proactively looks for opportunities to educate group and external departments.
- Able to influence within the organization and provide leadership to the team
- Ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic and diverse environment
- Must be knowledgeable with respect to the operation and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment and components.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of manufacturing equipment and process, using blueprints, equipment manuals, specifications and standard operating procedures
- Use proper judgment when deciding about the scope of work for any corrective work order.
- Possess good mechanical knowledge and skills
- Coordinates and prioritizes maintenance related issues with managers, manufacturing, maintenance technicians, QC, supply chain, CMMS, cleaning, and QA personnel.
- Provides feedback to area manager on performance of processes, schedulers and planners
Education and/or experience
- High school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Biotech manufacturing or maintenance preferred.
- 2 years of direct or indirect leadership experience
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- Will work in a cold, wet environment
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime as required. (only for non-exempt positions)
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- 5% travel
LocationsUSA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0033803