Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Manufacturing Immunoglobulin (IG) Scheduler - weekend Day Shift
The Immunoglobulin (IG) Scheduler - Tech V will primarily be responsible for maintaining the schedule and work order reconciliation for the IG manufacturing area on weekends. In addition, the candidate will have a dotted line to the IG Materials Supervisor and will support material needs in IG as requested.
shift: 6:00am to 6:30pm weekend shift (i.e. 12 hrs - Fri, Sat, Sun plus one additional 8 hour day to accumulate 80hrs).
- Independently develop and update schedules for manufacturing using system tools.
- Coordinate scheduling activities with support groups.
- Support work order reconciliation within 24 hr of completion.
- Specify production work order builds for materials resource planning system
- Revise existing or initiate new SOPs, Job aids, and Structured on the Job Training (SOJT) associated to material inventory, handling, and manufacturing scheduling process.
- Work with inventory technicians to schedule, coordinate, and execute material transfers to support manufacturing schedule adherence.
- Containment of issues as they arise on shift and effective escalation of issues as needed.
- Support reporting tools and metrics for department as needed.
- Develop/conduct training as necessary to support department needs
- Contribute to a culture of safety first in compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS). Understand and follow Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) packets.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing respect, responsiveness and results.
- Responsible to execute material transfers that include non-hazardous, hazardous and flammable chemicals to support manufacturing schedule adherence.
- Maintain a visual replenishment program of materials using lean manufacturing processes/tools.
- Maintain records of materials in inventory and on order.
- Compile inventory records as needed.
- Reconcile discrepancies in inventories.
- Compile information on receipt and transfer of materials.
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or GED. Associated or BS degree a plus
4 to 6+ years of manufacturing experience or 4+ years related work experience.
Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline or equivalent certification preferred. 4+ years of manufacturing, warehouse, and/or technical office experience preferred.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Previous manufacturing scheduling experience with IG preferred
- Must have a general understanding of the business and strategic plan.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; able to efficiently communicate with cross- functional teams and management on recommended course of action, with minimal assistance.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team-based environment.
- Self-driven individual that requires minimal supervision
- Must have proficient computer skills and be experienced using MS Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project). Proficient with scheduling tools preferred (i.e. Orchestrate).
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing systems (Ex. Kaizen, Kanban, 5S).
- Must have a customer service approach to daily work.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
Other Job Requirements
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs., lift up to 50 lbs., and push/pull > 100 lbs. (with the assistance of material handling equipment).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time over an entire 8 or 12-hour shift.
- Must be willing to work any shift pattern, any shift, minimum 12 hours per day in the daily manufacturing operations in assigned area.
- Experience in handling pallet-jacks, pallet trucks, and forklifts are a plus.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs while wearing special gowning.
- May require bending, twisting, reaching overhead, and/or squatting motions to perform certain tasks.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the manufacturing environment.
- May be working in a loud area that requires hearing protection and other protective equipment to be worn.
- Will work around chemicals such as alcohol that may require respiratory protection.
- Will handle non-hazardous, hazardous and flammable materials/chemicals.
- Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.
- May be required to work in a confined area.
- Will work in Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- May require immunization before performing work within the manufacturing area.
This posting excludes CO applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.