Head of Manufacturing Science
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Head of Manufacturing ScienceApply Now
The position will support the development of a new, state-of-the-art plasma fractionation facility that will bring Takeda additional capacity for production, purification, and fill and finish for its biologic medications. Recognized as leader within division. Primary focus is on ensuring project designs meet user requirements and comply with all Takeda expectations for safe and efficient operation, cGMP compliance, and technical process requirements. Maintains harmonization of design across multiple production modules at a site. Interfaces with validation, quality, and manufacturing to ensure efficient initial startup and ramp up to full capacity. Provides leadership in the development of new ideas, products, processes and techniques. Frequently manages an organization and a budget in excess of $5 million dollars. Directs through management team the completion of complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and budget. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts of technical staff. Provides technical direction to staff. Fosters an environment of creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
Job Function and Description
- Provides strategic planning leadership by setting strategies and priorities based upon anticipation and application of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ensures that needed resources to support projects and operations are available by close partnering with senior leadership; defines, develops and leads site engineering organization.
- Create and communicate global vision of the organizations contribution to the business unit/division goals, ensuring industry leadership.
- Maximize the effectiveness of internal and external resources (business unit and cross-business unit) to meet business objectives.
- Direct the development and implementation of new product/process requiring new technologies starting from Project Proposal through Post-Launch Quality Assessment.
- Using broad knowledge and experience in cross-functional activities, coordinate and direct activities of teams and individual contributors to ensure market dominance in appropriate product lines.
- Create and maintain an environment where team members experience personal and professional growth and become a more self-directed team.
- Responsible for Final Approval on product/process documentation.
- Review and approves proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Presents proposal to senior management for consideration and allocation of funds.
- Provide strategic planning leadership to ensure adequate resources are available to complete all business unit and division responsibility.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a bachelor's degree, preferably in science, engineering or other related technical field. 10+ years of related experience with 7+ in a management role.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Experience with Quality Systems and Processes preferably in a FDA regulated manufacturing setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of business drivers, customer needs and multi-site dynamics to create viable strategic plans.
- Ability to establish long-range business plans which anticipate global trends, technical, economic and socio-political conditions.
- Demonstrate understanding of business drivers, customer needs and global dynamics to create viable strategic plans.
- Proven track record of management/leadership effectiveness.
- Must possess strong ability to negotiate and maximize effectiveness of resources and influence others internally and externally.
USA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278
Job ID R0028088