Financial Analyst, Manufacturing
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Financial Analyst, ManufacturingApply Now
Under general supervision, responsible for assisting in the preparation of accurate and timely financial information which will provide management with information to make informed business decisions.
Job Function and Description
- Consolidate actual financials with analysis of results.
- Prepares general month-end close journal entries.
- Responsible for reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and reviewing trends of each account.
- Assists in month end close process, including preparing monthly reports.
- Provide financial analysis on special projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a bachelors' degree, preferably in accounting or finance related field. Some related experience preferred.
- Pharmaceutical experience preferred but not required.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound understanding of accounting and finance principles.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Working knowledge of PC applications (Excel/Powerpoint). Previous experience with JDE and SAP desired.
- Advanced Excel experience preferred
- Attention to details and efficient processes to ensure high standards of accuracy.
- Technical and financial knowledge including, internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
Complexity and Problem Solving
- Makes recommendations and presents solutions on financial issues to Finance team.
- Advises supervisor of financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Helps create a best in class management reporting function.
- Identifies important trends as part of the recurring monthly reporting process.
Internal and External Contacts
- This position reports directly to the Cost Accounting Lead.
- This position needs to work collaboratively with Finance business partners.
Other Job Requirements
- Occasional short-term travel for conferences, training or development opportunities.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0041700