Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
The position will be a team member of the Process Engineering group. Process Engineering is responsible to ensure that the manufacturing equipment/systems used in the production, storage, testing and distribution of Takeda products are fit for purpose in accordance with Takeda standards and industry regulatory requirements.
The Engineer is responsible for design, purchasing, installation, troubleshooting, qualification, operation and maintenance of process equipment and systems including, but not limited to, manufacturing equipment such as: process tanks, Clean in Place (CIP), parts washers (COP), chromatography, ultrafiltration, aseptic fill line equipment, packaging equipment, centrifuges, and filter presses. This position will provide support to manufacturing system. The Engineer will implement area and system improvements through strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and cGMP’s in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for designing, developing, implementing and evaluating optimal, cost-effective projects and technologies.
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller approved projects.
- Document development work including writing specifications for manufacturing or scientific test results.
- Solve engineering tasks, investigate and trouble shoot issues with some oversight.
- Trend ongoing issues and develop/implement long term engineering solutions. Define initiate and implement proposed solutions.
- Provide technical support for equipment in manufacturing, as second level support. Gain knowledge of systems to grow into a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role.
- Support Quality and technical investigations.
- Support planning and execution of start-up and validation, working in a cross-functional team
- Assist in driving projects to completion and meet timeline and budget objectives, may lead small projects.
- Create or update written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to project assignments.
- Create or update technical specifications and drawings (Design/Functional/System/P&ID) related to project assignments.
- Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
- Able to contribute to cost estimating of major capital budget items and the spending of approved project funds.
- Investigate and analyze manufacturing issues and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering discipline required. 2+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Must know how to effectively run projects and direct the activities of a technician.
- Experience working in an FDA-regulated manufacturing environment is desired.
- Knowledge of core principles in various engineering disciplines including manufacturing (i.e. cell culture/fractionation//purification/aseptic filling/packaging/cGMP facility design), support systems (WFI/RO/clean steam/compressed gases/HVAC) and facility design is desired.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills; Able to efficiently communicate with cross-functional teams and management.
- Must have proficient computer skills and be experienced using MS Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- Must possess basic knowledge of core principles in various engineering disciplines (fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics etc.).
Job posting excludes CO applicants
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.