Associate Director, Manufacturing Sciences - IG
Social Circle, Georgia
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Associate Director, Manufacturing Sciences - IGApply Now
This role is primarily responsible for leading the Fractionation or IG Manufacturing Science team and providing technical support of the Fractionation process. This person leads a team of scientists and engineers to insure manufacturing process issues are resolved quickly and effectively. This position supports the improvement projects identified by the business unit, and the team proactively helps identify improvement opportunities. This position interacts with global counterparts to insure the success of each product.
Job Function and Description
- Primary responsibilities include serving as process owner and overseeing the manufacturing process performance, robustness and performing troubleshooting as required. Establish and execute strategic plans to improve process performance.
- Lead the process validation for the assigned process areas including establishing, executing PV strategy for all projects.
- Own the Material Qualification strategy and implementation for the site as applicable.
- Use problem solving tools and drive use of these tools to the team and business unit for solving problems
- Create and manage a department vision that aligns with the organization's vision or strategic plan.
- Establish metrics for the team in line with department, site, global MS and GMSGQ goals. Deploy and successfully implement strategic plans to meet or exceed the targets.
- Build a professional network internally and externally. Establish good working relations with manufacturing, quality, engineering, and other support groups to ensure the plant and company goals are met.
- Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts and provides prioritization and general direction to technical staff.
- Utilizes solid understanding of theories and practices of a variety of disciplines to manage complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and budget.
- Lead the development and integration of project strategies which may cross several disciplines; evaluate alternatives against agreed criteria. With team, select strategies and appropriate level of risk and understanding full range of implications across the system.
- Plan and schedule project implementation. Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
- Develop and implement new product/processes requiring development of technologies.
- Exhibits creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
- Manage, identify, hire, develop and recognize technical staff; create and maintain employee and organizational development, as well as HR plans which meet business needs. Work with team to create development plans.
- Apply specialized knowledge in a creative way to a broad range of difficult problems.
- Review and analyze proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Approve and submit proposal to Sr. Management.
PhD with 8+ or Bachelor's/ Masters degree with 10+ years of related experience. Degree preferably in science, engineering or other related technical field. 3+ in a management role.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law – Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0054693